Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
We were only given a 24% chance by ESPN to win this game and yet we won! Proud of the way we finished. Had to score at least a field goal and we did. Had to get a stop and we got a pick.
Last edited by FlamesHighontheTide on September 30th, 2018, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cruzan_flame13
lawrenceq wrote:Take the win and keep it moving.
I believe that’s what Kansas fans/supporters say when they win a game.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
While some folks here apparently want Gill to find his own way back to Lynchburg and clean out his desk there because a 42-10 halftime leadl turned into a 52-43 sweat job, there is 1 important thing we did do and 1 important thing we did:

We didn't quit.
We DID win
By LUDad
rmiller1959 wrote:
jbock13 wrote:Win is a win I guess.
Why doesn't it feel like a win? We were outscored 33-10 in the 2nd half after leading 42-10. What is wrong with this team?
They have not played in that environment up till now. It's brutal and it sneaks up on you because you don't realize your sweating as much as you are since it is evaporating.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:While some folks here apparently want Gill to find his own way back to Lynchburg and clean out his desk there because a 42-10 halftime leadl turned into a 52-43 sweat job, there is 1 important thing we did do and 1 important thing we did:

We didn't quit.
We DID win
You must be the biggest fan of straw man arguments.
By cruzan_flame13
BJWilliams wrote:While some folks here apparently want Gill to find his own way back to Lynchburg and clean out his desk there because a 42-10 halftime leadl turned into a 52-43 sweat job, there is 1 important thing we did do and 1 important thing we did:

We didn't quit.
We DID win
I’ll give you that, but is that how a program grows? No and that is a hint to make changes. This is how it works, one must improve and progress the program or one is let go and someone else who has a good record comes it. Gill had neither and should be released before it get any worse for the future of the program. This wasn’t Army or North Texas; this was New Mexico.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
WOW! Some on this board are never satisfied. We beat an FBS team on the road on their homecoming that we were suppose to lose to. We now have our name out there in that area of the country. WE ARE LIBERTY!! Of course I'm frustrated but we still have predominantly FCS talent - that's a reality that gives me patience. I'll celebrate the win. To God be the glory :)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not particularly my other sarcastic friend. We folded against UNT. We folded pretty much against Army. Those are on the coaches. We didn't fold tonight. That also should be on the coaches. Now, of we had lost tonight, I'd probably be the first (even as an admitted Koolaid consumer) to call for TG to find his own flight home. And while it is frustrating that Flames Nation had to hit a lot of Tums in the second half, we did the two things that we needed to tonight: we didn't quit and we made the plays that mattered when we needed to. If you can't find the positive in that, straw man or not, that's a you problem.

And yeah cruzan this was New Mexico, the same team that came off a bye after outscoring their in state rival 35-8 over the final three quarters. Yeah it doesn't have the sex appeal and Q-rating of ODU beating Virginia Tech, but it was an important cog in the gear of our first FBS season because we showed that when the chips were down, we didn't roll over and let them win. While not the growth some may prefer, we did show growth tonight.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:We were only given a 76% chance by ESPN to win this game and yet we won!
:dontgetit

You do understand that if we were given a 76% chance to win, we were favored to win... :oops:
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:
rmiller1959 wrote:
jbock13 wrote:Win is a win I guess.
Why doesn't it feel like a win? We were outscored 33-10 in the 2nd half after leading 42-10. What is wrong with this team?
They have not played in that environment up till now. It's brutal and it sneaks up on you because you don't realize your sweating as much as you are since it is evaporating.
You have to remember that most here don’t have any concept of playing any kind of sport at this level, much less dealing with the altitude and travel. It should be of no surprise that everyone gets their panties in a wad. Instead of being happy with progress, some people will never be satisfied until we have a new coach, but we will likely have the same consistency issues as we continue to strengthen our schedule no matter who is it the helm.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
A new coach and beating everyone the way we beat ODU in game 1. We have scored 104 points in the two wins, and allowed 85 while scoring 21. If we can have a plus point differential in all of our remaining games outside of UVa and Auburn, and win both FCS games, that puts us right about 4-5 wins, which is about where I expected to be.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:Take the win and keep it moving.
I believe that’s what Kansas fans/supporters say when they win a game.
Let's not confuse LU with Alabama or somebody. It's not like this program has a history of dominance.
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:A new coach and beating everyone the way we beat ODU in game 1. We have scored 104 points in the two wins, and allowed 85 while scoring 21. If we can have a plus point differential in all of our remaining games outside of UVa and Auburn, and win both FCS games, that puts us right about 4-5 wins, which is about where I expected to be.
At this point the fcs games give us 4 wins. We are favored in both NMSU games and UMass is a narrow favorite. There is a path to 7 wins without a major upset. I see us winning a game we shouldn't and losing one we shouldn't and finishing 6-6. But being 2-2 with four favored games remaining is not where anyone expected us to be. You're not alone there.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:We were only given a 76% chance by ESPN to win this game and yet we won!
:dontgetit

You do understand that if we were given a 76% chance to win, we were favored to win... :oops:

You are correct brother. What I meant to put was, "we were only given a 24% chance to win." If I paid attention more I could be dangerous, ha.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]