Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By DestinationBass
My wife and I have season tickets. Last year we went to UVA and sat right behind our bench on the first row but it’s so low down there that it’s hard to see a good chunk of the field over the players. I did get some nice smiles since they could hear me every time we got a first down. This year we are planing on getting seats higher up for the field view and also my wife doesn’t like all those stairs. We are also looking into Rutgers but it’s looking like driving is the best way to get there. Planes, trains, and busses are either way too expensive or nowhere close from what we are finding.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I had to cancel some of my wife's plans that she had mistakenly placed the same evening that we feast on Cajun. Hopefully we will see you there, Papadog.
By BlueBlood
It didn’t really hit me until now that the Oct 19 HC game is the students last home game of the season. 4 straight road games after that, with a bye week mixed in there. Then, the team comes back for Nov 30 to close out the season, but school is out of session. Kind of unfortunate for the students that a 3-month regular season is condensed to a month and a half .
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: September 4th, 2019, 11:09 am That is the nature of being an independent, unfortunately
I agree, but that's only part of the story. Future schedules are much better. This year's schedule was a result of a small window for negotiating and completing the lineup after the NCAA's announcing the acceptance of a move to FBS as an independent. Most FBS teams already had schedules in place. Further evidence can be seen with the unusual home and home scheduling against New Mexico State in the same season, which was a temporary schedule fix for only last year and this year. The AD's office did an incredible job of scheduling to complete it in such a tight timeframe. There were a lot of moving parts and the most important thing was to get a full schedule and check the boxes for the number of FBS home games.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It seems every time LU has a big game in any sport, school is out of session.

Personally I think there are "too many breaks". Granted, if I was a student, I may feel different.
By BlueBlood
My above comment wasn't meant to be critical of the job done to secure an FBS schedule for this season. It was just my first realization that the Oct 19 game was the last game for students.

I will be there for the UB game and am planning on coming to the Maine game as well. I recently started thinking that maybe I would stay home the Maine week (I'm not alumni, my daughter goes to LU) and would come to a later game instead. Then, I realized that there aren't any later games to come to.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 5th, 2019, 9:57 am It seems every time LU has a big game in any sport, school is out of session.

Personally I think there are "too many breaks". Granted, if I was a student, I may feel different.
Yeah those darn kids wanting to go home for Thanksgiving! Whats wrong with them? Those selfish little brats!
By Ewglenn
BlueBlood wrote: September 5th, 2019, 10:58 am My above comment wasn't meant to be critical of the job done to secure an FBS schedule for this season. It was just my first realization that the Oct 19 game was the last game for students.

I will be there for the UB game and am planning on coming to the Maine game as well. I recently started thinking that maybe I would stay home the Maine week (I'm not alumni, my daughter goes to LU) and would come to a later game instead. Then, I realized that there aren't any later games to come to.
Unfortunately this years schedule is less than ideal but it does get much better in the coming years. Hopefully we will drop one of the FCS games for UCONN. That would be a perfect, possible, schedule for next year. I just want one FCS game per year not two. It would be awesome to replace WCU next year with a home date against UCONN.
By Class of 20Something
Ewglenn wrote: September 5th, 2019, 12:16 pm
BlueBlood wrote: September 5th, 2019, 10:58 am My above comment wasn't meant to be critical of the job done to secure an FBS schedule for this season. It was just my first realization that the Oct 19 game was the last game for students.

Unfortunately this years schedule is less than ideal but it does get much better in the coming years. Hopefully we will drop one of the FCS games for UCONN. That would be a perfect, possible, schedule for next year. I just want one FCS game per year not two. It would be awesome to replace WCU next year with a home date against UCONN.
I think that's the general consensus. The double FCS is tanking our SOS pretty bad. Even UConn would improve it.
By sstaedtler
Headed to my first Liberty game ever at Rutgers on October 26th. If anyone else is going, or has any idea where the majority of Liberty fans are sitting, let me know. Super excited. That game could be key to a bowl birth!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
For those planning to fly to the UMass game, Worcester airport is also an option. Its a little further than Bradley down in Hartford, but still an option. TF Green in Rhode Island may be cheaper than Bradley, but is a hike like Logan would be. The difference is, traffic getting in and out of Providence is far better than getting in and out of Boston.
By sstaedtler
DestinationBass wrote: September 29th, 2019, 11:32 am At Rutgers my wife and I will be in 106 row 8 and UVA 109 row NN
No way, I am in 106, Row 25, Seat 20-21. Probably will be going with a friend. I'm the one who really, really wanted to go, so much that I paid for my friend's ticket..lol
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]