Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I know how i want to describe tonight, but given what's going on in the news, I'll just say we got our a***s beat
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
only positive thing ill say is we have enough talent to win games at the fbs level.

Dailey is just atrocious and the series right before half was idiotic. We give them the ball back and let them go up 2 scores.

On defense. We can get any pressure and we dont create any turnovers. We just allow the o line to push us back 8 out of 10 plays rather than us attacking and creating lanes.

Stubbs is the future. Bench king. He cant catch a cold.

Special teams....start over and scrap everything. We get zero out of return game and god gless the young man alves but i could punt a football better than him.

Again, just poor poor coaching but we dont look overmatched against anyone. That should make it very easy to push TG out and know we can do real damage next year with the right hire.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
anybody know Kentory's injury report, it didn't look good when it happened. Also, how many dropped balls did our receivers have tonight? We can say weather, but North Texas did a better job of catching than we did.

Frankie stepped up huge tonight!
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Unfortunately Gill will be your coach next year with dailey and Wimberly cause he doesn’t have the testicular fortitude to fire bad assistants.
By forbidden
Registration Days Posts
Well it's been a minute, since I've said anything, but still hearing its HCTG fault for players not making the plays on the field, not his fault its "some" of the playcalling putting team in position. Defensively, same thing still happening, RUN defense is atrocious and at some point "someone" has to be held accountable. You hv a whole year to prepare for Army and they gash you, (option) you cant seem to defend, and tonight NT, just decides to put there big boy pants on and run down ur throats off edges. But love the FBS look n competition
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
To God be the glory!
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:only positive thing ill say is we have enough talent to win games at the fbs level.

Dailey is just atrocious and the series right before half was idiotic. We give them the ball back and let them go up 2 scores.

On defense. We can get any pressure and we dont create any turnovers. We just allow the o line to push us back 8 out of 10 plays rather than us attacking and creating lanes.

Stubbs is the future. Bench king. He cant catch a cold.

Special teams....start over and scrap everything. We get zero out of return game and god gless the young man alves but i could punt a football better than him.

Again, just poor poor coaching but we dont look overmatched against anyone. That should make it very easy to push TG out and know we can do real damage next year with the right hire.
We should move Alves to safety.
By willflop
I forgive the crowd on this one, especially after the second delay. It wasn't just the rain, but the forecast that the lighting wasn't going to let up. At least with ODU, the radar was clear after the one deluge.

In the end, I'm tired of the mental excuses and "points left on the field", which is supposed to offer some hope that the team is really better than the score. It's not. Talent scores. Our offense is overrated and bipolar. Same thing happened last year. We pad our stats against poor defensive teams, but then we are held well below average as soon as we face a defense that matters.

The 47 score rests squarely on the offenses' inability to stay on the field and finish drives with points, and punting that had about the same effect as a turnover each time. At some point, the defense just can't provide the energy to stop the run up the score drives late in the game when it's a blowout...same thing where odu folded, it's not like we put up 52 points against their best mentally ready defense.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ODU beat VT 49-35. Army lost to Oklahoma 28-21 in overtime.

We are not that far away, we just got to get ball into end zone . Last night we crossed mid field numerous times. 1 TD to show for it.

Play calling baffles me at times.
By LUDad
With all the wet weather that Lynchburg has, does the team actually practice in wet conditions? The receivers could not handle the wet balls.

Giving then short fields and not executing when we had opportunities killed us. Yes, NT has more overall talent and depth right now but we could have been competitive to the end. Perhaps we can pull off an ODU turnaround.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:ODU beat VT 49-35. Army lost to Oklahoma 28-21 in overtime.

We are not that far away, we just got to get ball into end zone . Last night we crossed mid field numerous times. 1 TD to show for it.

Play calling baffles me at times.
I think play calling is okay just need more constancy through the air. Got to finish. Running game looks good. Punting has to be fixed.
By Old Red
If we don’t show up strong in our next game, or two, I expect to find ourselves back in Ryan McGee’s Bottom 10.
And we’d deserve it.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I only watched the 2nd half but the defense was holding their own for a while if seemed but our offense once again having one mistake after another. I don't think we would have won but this game should have been a lot closer than it was. That is the frustration with this team. We are so close to be a respectable G5 level program but the lack of execution and poor coaching will continue to bite us in the butts. These bad habits will make the job for whoever comes in next much more difficult.
By rtb72
I have to agree about the series just before the half...absolutely ridiculous for them to get the ball back. Poor management all around on that. We stayed till they sent the teams to locker room in the 3rd, and then caught the rest of the game from the hotel room. 4th quarter sounded like a team that had just given up based on how UNT was scoring at will.
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:the defense was holding their own for a while if seemed but our offense once again having one mistake after another.
I think this is something that gets overlooked. Yes, our defense has been really bad at times. But our offense has also put our defense in a lot of bad situations by going three and out, turning the ball over, or giving up bad field position.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I can’t stress this enough on how bad King is. If he catches the ball before half (same with Farrow) then the drives continues. I can’t be mad on the coaches on that.

Then king drops a pass that would’ve set up a 1st and goal at the 5. That and the pick left 14 points off the board. He made a lot of drive killer drops as well. He’s a Zac Park part 2 and I would put Stubbs a head of him.

I think LCA has better special teams then we do :roll: .

Lastly, Fire Gill.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:With all the wet weather that Lynchburg has, does the team actually practice in wet conditions? The receivers could not handle the wet balls.

Giving then short fields and not executing when we had opportunities killed us. Yes, NT has more overall talent and depth right now but we could have been competitive to the end. Perhaps we can pull off an ODU turnaround.
That´s a valid question, and I wonder whether an over-reliance on the IPF may have worked against us last night.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I know both teams would have needed to agree to it but i wish we would have moved the kick up to 2. The weather really called for what we got since wednesday. Second you cant tell me the lightning in the 3rd wasnt closer than the pre game delay lightning. Seems like we lost a good hr there to play. Much better than what was played in during second half.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Our defense played decent at times. However, the first drive of the second half, the offense didn't put them in any trouble, NT ran the ball 70+ yards, no passes and Easly ran the last 9 yards for TD, without being touched. They blew our entire D line off the ball like they weren't even there, too many times. Overall we played poorly on both side of the ball, weren't prepared to play and got hammered, by a good team. Not surprised we lost at all, but the way we lost and looked totally over matched, was embarrassing.
Becoming more obvious every week, we need new leadership.
Last edited by flameshaw on September 23rd, 2018, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
thepostman wrote:the defense was holding their own for a while if seemed but our offense once again having one mistake after another.
I think this is something that gets overlooked. Yes, our defense has been really bad at times. But our offense has also put our defense in a lot of bad situations by going three and out, turning the ball over, or giving up bad field position.
Yes. it's so frustrating. We weren't going to win that game last night but it should have been respectable.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
As bad as Buckshot looked, it could have been much worse. Didn't the Arkansas QB throw 6 interceptions against UNT compared to Buckshot's single interception?

My only concern with play calling last night was why the coaching staff didn't rest Buckshot after the game was clearly out of reach. No need in risking injury when the game was already 40-7 in the fourth quarter.

I don't know if it's changed since I went but the […]

Some statistics

Our team ERA currently sits at #78 nationally. Our[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]