Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I hate our special teams. That last kickoff before half, take a chance! You received the ball without much traffic and call a fair catch!? Take a chance and see if you can run it back. You’re down 21-7. They get ball to start second half, take a chance!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:That td is on our OC
A lot of it is. We should have tried to run the ball that first or second play and take up a little bit of time. The pass could have been caught, but it wasn't real easy. I believe he tried to run after the catch, instead of just going to the ground and making the catch. Obviously, our punter sucks big time.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Don’t know if it’s been brought up here, but despite our current place in this game, ODU winning and Army being within a TD vs OU halfway through the third has to help us both within the program and external perception. Not a ton, but some.

Army has a Time of Possesion lead of 30 minutes to 8 :shock:
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote:Don’t know if it’s been brought up here, but despite our current place in this game, ODU winning and Army being within a TD vs OU halfway through the third has to help us both within the program and external perception. Not a ton, but some.

Army has a Time of Possesion lead of 30 minutes to 8 :shock:
Definitely helps externally if we can somehow pull out this win.
By LUDad
LU has 16 first downs ,NT has 15. LU is behing by 20 yds in total offence. Except for two plays this is 14-14 hame right now. Mean Green board is getting a bit ansy
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Have they played enough for this to count as an official game?
JMU beat Norfolk State 17-0 and only played 1 quarter. Not sure of specific rules.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
A game between teams from different conferences has been suspended in the middle of the third quarter very late at night due to weather. It is

RulE 3 / PERiods, timE FaCtoRs and substitutions Fi-15
clear that the game cannot be resumed. The directors of athletics for the participating teams are unable to arrive at an agreement on which option should be in effect. RULING: The outcome of the game is determined by the conference policy of the home team.

So I think this means we get to choose since there is no conference.

edit: page FI-14
http://www.ncaapublications.com/product ... pdated.pdf
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:From what I have seen tonight, there is no reason we cannot become bowl elligible if LU shows up for every game.
LU will be Bowl Eligible in the very near future
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Pathetic performance by the Wrs and the special teams.

Both of the units blew this game. King was terrible against Army and he's been bad tonight. Just sit him.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Literally just told my wife they should go for it as bad as the punter is
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The game is back on ESPN3. LU is losing 33-7.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Had to turn it off. Really terrible. I get it’s raining, but you gotta catch the ball as a WR and as a punter. That first defensive drive coming back out was awful as well. I just want to see a hint of tenacity from TG. I love the man as a person, but man I never see him fired up...I am of course dependent on TV cameras so perhaps he does and I just don’t get to see it.
By rtb72
rtb72 wrote:49 to 7 now. They are scoring like we aren't even there. Have we just given up? I know the weather stinks....but they're scoring at will.
Correction....39 to 7.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’ll[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]