Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Five hours before kickoff, it's a sunny 82 degrees in Lynchburg. But at kickoff at 6:00, the weather forecast calls for 75% chance of thunderstorms. :rainy By 7:00, they are calling for "heavy thunderstorms."

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/24502:4:US

We have canceled our tailgate party but are still planning on going to the game with ponchos.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Yea the weather is the only reason we didn’t make the 6 hour trip. Didn’t want to have my six month old getting dumped on by rain. That and the 6 hour drive back home to be at work by 8am tmrw. Glad it’s on tv though!
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Maybe the rain helps us today. A number of 3-0 teams losing right now. 3-0 Cincinnati losIng to 1-1 Ohio right now 24-7, 3-0 Boston College losing to 0-3 Purdue by a similar score. Maybe this is our day too lol.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Touchdown!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:Upset alert!
#13 Virgina Tect 14
ODU 14
Halftime
Well, that´s a surprise.
This is not.
Just announced that the start of tonights game at the Bill will be delayed due to lightning in the area.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LaRussa, the kid who came in and went 4-4 against us at (and then was sent back to the bench) is playing QB for ODU and has 248 yds and 2 TDs in the first half.
By LUDad
oldflame wrote:
LUDad wrote:Upset alert!
#13 Virgina Tect 14
ODU 14
Halftime
Well, that´s a surprise.
This is not.
Just announced that the start of tonights game at the Bill will be delayed due to lightning in the area.
Well, at least got into stadium this time before they closed it down. If good things happen on the field tonight, I going to be rooting for this weather every home game.

EDIT:
2:00 minutes left 3rd Qtr.
VT 21
ODU 21
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:LaRussa, the kid who came in and went 4-4 against us at (and then was sent back to the bench) is playing QB for ODU and has 248 yds and 2 TDs in the first half.
Very fortunate for LU that he did go back to the bench
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
oldflame wrote:LaRussa, the kid who came in and went 4-4 against us at (and then was sent back to the bench) is playing QB for ODU and has 248 yds and 2 TDs in the first half.
Very fortunate for LU that he did go back to the bench
It's now 28-28 in the 4th and he's got 391 yds and 3 tds.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Fire Gill!

(Figure I’d pre-empt those who will actually be calling for it)
By LUDad
It's a crime that LU did not show replay of that mugging on that pass play on Jumbotron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by LUDad on September 22nd, 2018, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
You have two weeks to prepare and your team comes out completely flat and uninspired. I am sorry but that is totally on the coaches. Hope they can get it turned around but there is no leadership out there. Not on the field. Not on the sidelines. Embarrassing.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Kinda look like a high school team so far. Close to embarrassing. Even our studio guys said it doesn't look like we came to play.
ODU up 42-35 with the ball and 1:45 to play in the game.
LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]