Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
University of North Texas
Denton, Texas

UNT Football Official Site

Seth Littrell
3rd Season as UNT Head Coach

2018 Schedule/Results
  • SEP 01 - SMU .................................................... W 46-23
    SEP 08 - INCARNATE WORD ............................. W 58-16
    SEP 15 - @ ARKANSAS ...................................... W 44-17
    SEP 22 - @ LIBERTY*
    SEP 29 - LOUISIANA TECH*
    OCT 06 - @ UTEP*
    OCT 13 - SOUTHERN MISS*
    OCT 20 - @ UAB*
    OCT 27 - RICE*
    NOV 10 - @ OLD DOMINION*
    NOV 15 - FLORIDA ATLANTIC*
    NOV 24 - @ UTSA*

NT is beating Arkansas 34-10 at the half. They look to have few weaknesses. Their QB is very good, but doesn't handle pressure well. They tackle hard and are hard to bring down. Think that Buckshot can pass on them, if he has some time. IF they play like they are today, it is going to be a long day next Saturday. We are really going to have to step up to play them close. Anyone else watching the game? Thoughts?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Watched them in their bowl game last year. One of the hardest hitting teams I've seen. Gill needs to bring the guys with an attitude next week. Arkansas seems to have nothing for them today. Haven't noticed any weakness so far?
By tyndal23
Outside chance they get ranked this week - would be cool to host a top 25 team. If this game doesn’t sell out, I will be disappointed. N Texas should have 2500 there - big school that has alumni all over the place.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
UNT will not have numbers anywhere close to 2500. They do not see LU as the type of game worth traveling to see.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
North Texas will probably be best team ever to visit Williams Stadium.
By LUDad
flameshaw wrote:NT is beating Arkansas 34-10 at the half. They look to have few weaknesses. Their QB is very good, but doesn't handle pressure well. They tackle hard and are hard to bring down. Think that Buckshot can pass on them, if he has some time. IF they play like they are today, it is going to be a long day next Saturday. We are really going to have to step up to play them close. Anyone else watching the game? Thoughts?
They do have 6 picks against Arkansas...
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:
flameshaw wrote:NT is beating Arkansas 34-10 at the half. They look to have few weaknesses. Their QB is very good, but doesn't handle pressure well. They tackle hard and are hard to bring down. Think that Buckshot can pass on them, if he has some time. IF they play like they are today, it is going to be a long day next Saturday. We are really going to have to step up to play them close. Anyone else watching the game? Thoughts?
. . . . and 5 sacks. We will be a big underdog next week.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We will need some picks and sacks.
As Obama would say . . "that's not who we are" :D
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:North Texas will probably be best team ever to visit Williams Stadium.
No doubt :shock:
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
So glad to have a few extra practices to get ready for them. Few extra days to heal after Army as well.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:
Yes, but they were in a must pass situation for most of the game and their 2nd string QB had to come in as well.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:This years UCF? They don't try to just beat you they try to hurt you.
This years UCF will be UCF.

Norrh Texas is very good but Arkansas also isn't that great so it's still to early to tell how good they really are.

With that said it is going to be a tough matchup for us.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
First and foremost i wouldn't tell my team an opponent has few weaknesses. I may think it in my head, but i won't actually say it. It will be my job to analyze film and determine what those weaknesses are and exploit them. This postponement came at a good time for us to get healthy, but also watch extra film on UNT in addition to the live game on the SEC Network today.

My thought is, if you want to slow down that passing attack, disguise your looks. Show two deep zone at the line, then convert to man free just before the snap. Show a 4 man rush, then pound him with a delay from a backer or DB. Don't give him a chance to stand there and make the kind of plays theyve made so far...I'm not sure of Fine's mobility, but if we can get him off his spot, we have the DBs to make plays downfield.
By tyndal23
SumItUp wrote:UNT will not have numbers anywhere close to 2500. They do not see LU as the type of game worth traveling to see.
Just watch - 38k in enrollment - they have a ton of fans in a 3 hour radius all excited about a 3-0 team and a guy starting to get mentioned for Heisman or the FBS # 1 rated QB in at least 1 category - .DC alone has that many excited alumns who will get their only chance to see them play live.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Thanks coach.
Is it just me, or do others think ole BJ should cut his teeth with some midget league football coaching?! :fbplayer
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Thanks coach.
Is it just me, or do others think ole BJ should cut his teeth with some midget league football coaching?! :fbplayer
He already has agent. Unless BJ has cut ties. Which I could understand because at this point his agent has not proven to be an asset. :D
By ElmersTwin
I'm telling myself I'm there for an LU win, but somewhere in my soul is a longing for a Graham Harrell autograph. I still watch replays of that 2008 Tech/Texas game.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]