Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I'm not a man that enjoys moral victories, but I moreso like to have realistic expectations. Is restraining their offense to 44 or less and scoring more than Arkansas enough for a moral victory here?
Only a win will be a moral vistory.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Landscaping update: as I was walking in today from Doc's Diner, I noticed they were laying the last few pieces of rolled out sod right in front of the main entrance of the stadium, and it looked absolutely beautiful. :shock:
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Landscaping update: as I was walking in today from Doc's Diner, I noticed they were laying the last few pieces of rolled out sod right in front of the main entrance of the stadium, and it looked absolutely beautiful. :shock:
Just in time for the rain :( Might want to subtract @ 2K from my original attendance numbers.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Just in time for the rain :( Might want to subtract @ 2K from my original attendance numbers.
OMGoodness, another JMU weather classic? Our seats are on the top row under the overhang this time. Image
By UNT 90 Grad
I enjoyed watching Coach Gill’s press conference this week. Seems to be a good man.

I thought I’d share something with you. There is a show that runs weekly on Fox Sports Southwest called Beyond the Green. It’s a weekly behind-the-scenes look at UNT Football. I thought some of you might find it interesting.

This is from this week:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I had no idea that Dunham is the PxP guy for the Mean Green. I just hope they keep Greggo off the broadcasts. Thanks for the link. I used to work for Fox Sports SW back in the day before they became essentially a DFW-only outlet. I still have a bunch of friends appearing on there.
By UNT 90 Grad
Dunham stepped down from being the Voice of the Mean Green about 3 years ago after doing it for as long as I can remember. His son played football for UNT and I think George stepped down after his son graduated. George is still in tight with the university, however. He was replaced by former Texas Ranger voice Dave Barnett, another UNT alum.
By tyndal23
Backing off my 2500 prediction ( based solely on the hype and 38k student body ) after reviewing their fan boards - no one there taking this game serious - may not even be 500. I figured DC alone would send a bunch - but forgot they have been so bad until last year - only a handful of true fans and not enough history of success to build a travel base - very curious to see the actual turn out. Really hoping for at least 22k from LU even if weather is sketchy
By willflop
tyndal23 wrote:Backing off my 2500 prediction ( based solely on the hype and 38k student body ) after reviewing their fan boards - no one there taking this game serious - may not even be 500. I figured DC alone would send a bunch - but forgot they have been so bad until last year - only a handful of true fans and not enough history of success to build a travel base - very curious to see the actual turn out. Really hoping for at least 22k from LU even if weather is sketchy
I noticed that the lower section previously marked off for visitor is student section now. Just the small upper north east section is for UNT, so they are definitely expecting less than 500.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote:
tyndal23 wrote:Backing off my 2500 prediction ( based solely on the hype and 38k student body ) after reviewing their fan boards - no one there taking this game serious - may not even be 500. I figured DC alone would send a bunch - but forgot they have been so bad until last year - only a handful of true fans and not enough history of success to build a travel base - very curious to see the actual turn out. Really hoping for at least 22k from LU even if weather is sketchy
I noticed that the lower section previously marked off for visitor is student section now. Just the small upper north east section is for UNT, so they are definitely expecting less than 500.
Maybe to accommodate CFAW. Lots of kids (youth pastors/parents) on campus.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
First home game I am going to miss in donkey's years. Having some health problems and just don't feel comfortable being too far away from home.
That being said, I am having a real hard time getting excited about this LU team. Hopefully that will change in the next couple of weeks. Would love to see a good, close game today. Will be watching on the 3. GO FLAMES.
By GoMeanGreen
I wouldn't expect a lot of NT fans to make the trip. We travel poorly out of the old SWC footprint. We also took a ton of people to Arkansas and it's hard to get a lot of fans to travel for back to back long road trips.

Looks like it might rain hard enough that that halftime show may be Ark-centric. Bad weather usually helps the under dog, but I'm not sure either team has a good enough running game to take advantage. However, this will slow down our passing game. That should help Liberty as you haven't seen a passing game like ours yet. ODU has a bad passing attack and I am not sure Army knows the forward pass is legal yet.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Army had a QB who was more of a passer than in the last...10 years or so?
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, Lo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]