Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Norfolk State University
Norfolk, Virginia

NSU Football Official Site

Latrell Scott
4th Season as NSU Head Coach

2018 Schedule/Results
  • SEP 01 - VIRGINIA STATE .................................. W 34-13
    SEP 08 - JMU .................................................... L 17-0 Game Called After 1 Quarter
    SEP 15 - @ LIBERTY .......................................... 6PM
    SEP 22 - @ SC STATE
    SEP 29 - DELAWARE STATE
    OCT 06 - @ FLORIDA A&M
    OCT 20 - NC CENTRAL
    OCT 27 - @ SAVANNAH STATE
    NOV 03 - @ NC A&T
    NOV 10 - HOWARD
    NOV 17 - MORGAN STATE
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
In the first quarter, JMU is beating Norfolk State 14-0.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I hope we get this game in. Florence might have something to say about that.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ODU and FIU finished after midnight and they had lightning delays as well
By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote:I wondered how game ended 17-0, with no scoring after 1st quarter.

When is hurricane to reach Virginia ?
Looks like it will make landfall somewhere around SC/NC border around Friday a.m. Then slow down and proceed northward, which would put in right on top of gameday/time. So if they call the game altogether, what is the general protocol for that scenario?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:I hope we get this game in. Florence might have something to say about that.
We can always get Pat Robertson to pray it away. He claims to have done that one time already. :)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I wondered how game ended 17-0, with no scoring after 1st quarter.

When is hurricane to reach Virginia ?
Looks like it will make landfall somewhere around SC/NC border around Friday a.m. Then slow down and proceed northward, which would put in right on top of gameday/time. So if they call the game altogether, what is the general protocol for that scenario?
Cancel it and play NEBRASKA :pbjtime :cheerleader :pbjtime :cheerleader
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:There’s gonna be a looooot of games canceled this weekend if the track doesn’t change.
It’s Jesus giving LU their chance to play ND!
By Jonathan Carone
If the hurricane hits where projected, and Lynchburg just gets dumped with rain but not terrible winds/storms, would it be in our best interest to cancel the game anyway? We now have attendance requirements. Would the 10 people at this game hurt us? Or is our overall attendance good enough for it to not matter.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:If the hurricane hits where projected, and Lynchburg just gets dumped with rain but not terrible winds/storms, would it be in our best interest to cancel the game anyway? We now have attendance requirements. Would the 10 people at this game hurt us? Or is our overall attendance good enough for it to not matter.
I think they need to cancel out of consideration for NSU so they can get students (including athletes) away from that area and home to their families or wherever they can get to be safe. And sooner rather than later.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:Also good because it will give an extra week to heal for AGG. That cast is hampering his catching ability.
Almost 2 weeks to prepare for North Texas now. I would certainly think we will go back to our customary 4-2-5 defensive scheme. Hopefully Jesse will be healthy by then. We need to be able to pressure their QB.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Rain is suppose to start Thursday. Their coach's statement made it sound like it was a safety concern. I dont blame them for not wanting to travel Thursday night Friday morning back into the storm.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
If they had played Thursday, the NSU team would most definately NOT have returned to campus Friday. The school is shutting down Tuesday, and will be closed at least til the 17th (obviously could be longer if there is significant damage). The entire area is under an evacuation order. If they had chosen to play, I´m sure arrangements were made for them to stay in lynchburg till the storm passed. I don´t blame them at all for not wanting to do it.

The fact that this game was quickly rescheduled reinforces the idea that we had no desire to play Nebraska.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, Lo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]