Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By PAFlame
I had this as one of the 3 games we would win along with a New Mexico State and Idaho State game. Looks like we'll have to wait for that, though if we show up like we did against Army, we shouldn't be hyped up for any game.
By Class of 20Something
PAFlame wrote:I had this as one of the 3 games we would win along with a New Mexico State and Idaho State game. Looks like we'll have to wait for that, though if we show up like we did against Army, we shouldn't be hyped up for any game.
Melodramatic much. Yes. We came out flat against a strong and stable FBS program, but to even imply that we can't handle business with NS or IS is dramatic and hyperbolic.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Current weather in Lynchburg is light rain and 73. In Norfolk it is partly cloudy and 76.
As a rule it is better to err on the side of caution, but sometimes a little patience will reveal what is actually the best option. NSU would not have been putting anyone in danger by waiting another 12-24 hours, at which time an outcome like this was pretty evident. Witness ODU and Charlotte. No risks taken, and they don´t have to play a game in December. I´d be curious to know where the NSU players were on Wednsday morning. My guess is that most if not all of them were still on campus.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Unless we lose the other FCS game and are one game away from bowl eligibility, I’d rather see us just buy this game out.
I would tend to agree, but I´d be surprised if they do. If the game is meaningless, Gill will probably look at it as an opportunity to see what some of the redshirts can do.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Frankly, i understand the move on both sides. At the time of the decision, it looked like Florence would hit this area with a lot of rain and wind. Not catastrophic, but pretty significant. The fact that the storm did what it did wasnt anticipated. What if they kept the game and they ended up in a deluge akin to the 2009 JMU game?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Frankly, i understand the move on both sides. At the time of the decision, it looked like Florence would hit this area with a lot of rain and wind. Not catastrophic, but pretty significant. The fact that the storm did what it did wasnt anticipated. What if they kept the game and they ended up in a deluge akin to the 2009 JMU game?
It wasn´t anticipated on Tuesday. By Wednesday it pretty much was. As far as that JMU game is concerned, nobody was placed in danger as far as I know, and I think
it´s safe to say that those who were there will always remember it.
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Frankly, i understand the move on both sides. At the time of the decision, it looked like Florence would hit this area with a lot of rain and wind. Not catastrophic, but pretty significant. The fact that the storm did what it did wasnt anticipated. What if they kept the game and they ended up in a deluge akin to the 2009 JMU game?
It wasn´t anticipated on Tuesday. By Wednesday it pretty much was. As far as that JMU game is concerned, nobody was placed in danger as far as I know, and I think
it´s safe to say that those who were there will always remember it.
That is the game that caused me to fall in love with College Football. Despite the loss, I will forever be fond of that game. I wish JMU would suck up their pride and join a lower G5 conference that has extended an offer. That rivalry has had the most potential that was never truly realized.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Agreed 20something. I was sick for three weeks after that game...soaked to the bone and had to change clothes at halftime. That being said, my point was that if there was a major deluge that endangered fsns or the visitors, people would second guess the decision from now til The Rapture. I figure better to call it off for a storm that never happens than play and second guess if something bad happens
New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]