Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Well that was a military-grade dose of reality.

Bring your discussion here ....
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Should have known they’d get 400+ Rushing yards. At the least wimbo needs to go next year. He prepared since Feb and still gave up 400+. SMH
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
To tie in a previous thread....I nominate this as LU Football’s new theme song

[youtube]WyF8RHM1OCg[/youtube]
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For the record, Juwan Wells recorded 13 tackles. Here is the ugliness from the offensive side of the ball:

It is tough to read literally & figuratively.

Buck
19-of-37 (51.4%) for 307 Yards with 2 TDs & 1 INT + Sacked Twice

Damian King
8 Catches for 172 Yards with 1 TD & 1 Fumble

Kentory Matthews
9 Carries for 81 Yards (9.0 YPC)
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Pretty sad, when Army states before the game, they want to establish the full back run and they still gain over 250 yards from that position.
Can Wimbo coach badminton? Maybe we can start up a team for him. 8)
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
About everything lined up for Army today. It's not the end of the world. Digging a hole early against a grinding, ball-control team like Army is a death wish, compounded by the fact they didn't turn the ball over and we had three of 'em. Defense wasn't a disaster, just on the field way too long. Losing the punter early didn't help. Buckshot was off today. The third-and-15 run killed momentum, but no guarantee we would have completed a pass there anyway the way it was going. Just go win next week and move on.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I agree completely that this may be one of the last teams you want to get behind early. We came out flat offensively nd didn't wake up until the 3rd Quarter. Humility served up by Cadets today at 6.1 yards per carry.
By Jonathan Carone
JK37 wrote:I cuddled my 4yo daughter. I’m off the ledge now, feeling ok.
The Lion Guard took care of business. Was glad to see one team work well together.
By rtb72
TG: "Well you know, our kids didn't execute. We made some changes and we wanted to really establish the run game, but then again, we didn't, but yeah....we tried to establish it on 3rd and long and it would have worked, but you know....no execution. To God be the Glory".

The player of the game by LFSN they said was the punter....because he handled the Army fan jeering so well. Tooo funny!
By Class of 20Something
Well, that happened.

Poor play calling, terrible officiating. Glad we made it out without any season ending injuries. They we're aiming for knees all game. I thought army played with a violence that should have garnered more personal fouls.
By Jonathan Carone
rtb72 wrote:TG: "Well you know, our kids didn't execute. We made some changes and we wanted to really establish the run game, but then again, we didn't, but yeah....we tried to establish it on 3rd and long and it would have worked, but you know....no execution. To God be the Glory".
Did he really say this or is this satire?
By rtb72
Jonathan Carone wrote:
rtb72 wrote:TG: "Well you know, our kids didn't execute. We made some changes and we wanted to really establish the run game, but then again, we didn't, but yeah....we tried to establish it on 3rd and long and it would have worked, but you know....no execution. To God be the Glory".
Did he really say this or is this satire?
It's satire. But one of the announcers on LFSN really did say that about the punter.
By Jonathan Carone
Liberty22 wrote:Anyone confident we win both FCS games on the schedule? :lol:
Haven’t been confident of that since the schedule was released. I was fully expecting us to win a game we shouldn’t but drop an FCS game.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No comment here, other than to say I'm waiting for ballcoach's analysis of the game.
By Matt Hunter
For the portion of Flames Nation screaming Fire Turner Gill: what are some potential replacements that you would like to see that have a legitimate chance at being an option for the Liberty job after this season if it opened up?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I agree completely that this may be one of the last teams you want to get behind early. We came out flat offensively nd didn't wake up until the 3rd Quarter. Humility served up by Cadets today at 6.1 yards per carry.
Game was lost while on offence 1 quarter. Didn't look bad just didn't score. Pretty cool when your punter gets tossed for tackling to hard. :lol: As far as I'm concerned you could call targeting every third play?

On to Norfolk State. Bounce back FLAMES! :football
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:Anyone confident we win both FCS games on the schedule? :lol:
Nope. LU is now the team FCS teams look at to say “Hey, we can beat an FBS team” and play a little bit harder. Just like LU did just a short time ago
By Jonathan Carone
Matt Hunter wrote:For the portion of Flames Nation screaming Fire Turner Gill: what are some potential replacements that you would like to see that have a legitimate chance at being an option for the Liberty job after this season if it opened up?
We’ve had a thread going for four years about the next coach for Liberty. There’s been a lot of different disagreements on what and who we could pull in.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]