Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider, good observation. Herd was successful at FBS level fairly quickly. I had almost forgot they were once FCS.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: I had almost forgot they were once FCS.
Ballcoach, the Herd won TWO I-AA national championships in 1992 & 1996. Once they went FBS in 1997, they went to 13 bowl games, winning 11 of them.
Last edited by Cider Jim on September 16th, 2018, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
tyndal23 wrote:PH - Football Progams with most similarities to us as a University to model from. What is your philosophy on where you think LU should strive for, timeline and scheduling philosophy to get there ? ( or are u scared others will troll u like u do everyone else )
How have I trolled you? I’ve asked specific questions that you pivoted around. My thoughts on where LU football should be are more than well documented on this board. If you are too lazy to have looked that’s a You problem
Gill for life. :)
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Winning seasons and bowl games.
Fair enough. Couple of years I can see it. Replacing Buckshot and an O Line will be key
Replacing TG and staff will be the key. McCaw is pretty much in a no lose situation when it comes to finding a much better coach. Getting lucky and finding the next Sean McVay will really speed up the process.
Mediocre coaches have mediocre/bad teams. They never have consistent, good/great teams.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’ll[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]