Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
What kind of call was that?!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Run on 3rd and 15 when we have been effective throwing the ball? Very, very dumb, especially to the short side of the field. smh
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:These commentators are openly questioning everything we do.
As they should. Very poor coaching/play calling.
Last edited by flameshaw on September 8th, 2018, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
A touchdown on that last drive would have rocked Army and put us in position to win. I think that might have been our best shot unless the defense has another stop in them.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
That was INCREDIBLY STUPID! I’ve never been so incensed with LU football.

How about it? Was that 3rd down about “execution”? Did you misread that it was 3rd & 15? Did you think it was 3rd and 1? 3rd & 5? Or even 3rd down at all?!

I’m an STUNNED at that. And then TG looks dumbfounded afterwards.

Fire him now. I’m literally there. That decision-making is INDEFENSIBLE.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
Someone please notify our coaching staff that we have strengths. When we use them and stay aggressive, good things happen. #HisNameIsBuckshot

Use the weapons you have, not the weapons you may wish you had.
By soggydoughnuts
flameshaw wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:These commentators are openly questioning everything we do.
As they should. Very poor coaching/play calling.
Maybe if that just keeps happening they will realize that we've got some issues.
I recognize that they work hard from the guy who posted earlier, but the amount of time that you put into something does not mean that you're doing a good job.

I'm fine if it was just our players messing up, but this playcalling hurts me inside.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:That was INCREDIBLY STUPID! I’ve never been so incensed with LU football.

How about it? Was that 3rd down about “execution”? Did you misread that it was 3rd & 15? Did you think it was 3rd and 1? 3rd & 5? Or even 3rd down at all?!

No but the 2nd Down play was about execution. They execute that there’s no 3rd down
By Jonathan Carone
JK37 wrote:That was INCREDIBLY STUPID! I’ve never been so incensed with LU football.

When Mr. Pro-Coaches, Mr. Nuance is saying this, then maybe there’s a point to it.

Just maybe.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
If your only defense of a bad third down play call is that second down didn’t go the way you wanted, you’re not ready to be a football coach. Did you select your third down play without watching what happened on second down?

If LU had gone for it on 4th, I’m fine with the call. But to run on 3rd & 15 just to punt it on fourth...you don’t deserve your paycheck. There is no defense for that decision making.

Zero.

None.
Last edited by JK37 on September 8th, 2018, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:

When Mr. Pro-Coaches, Mr. Nuance is saying this, then maybe there’s a point to it.

Just maybe.
Shut up. :D
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
That's the last score we can allow and win. We can score on 3 possessions (Barring stupid play calling) but we can't allow them to score anymore.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote:Jr. should have given more thought to breaking Gill's contract then Nike's.
#Buuuuuurn
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:If your only defense of a bad third down play call is tat second down didn’t go the way you wanted, you’re not ready to be a football coach. Did you select your third down play without watching what happened on second down.

If LU had gone for it on 4th, I’m fine with the call. But to run on 3rd & 15 just to punt it on fourth. You don’t deserve your pay check. There is no defense for that decision making.

Zero.

None.
The 3rd down play was questionable. I actually understand why they did it, but obviously it didn’t work. I think they were trying to be too cute by half
You brought up the “execution” comment. You know as well as anyone you can’t take it in a vacuum. Has they executed a perfectly designed and called 2nd down play then it’s a moot point
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:That's the last score we can allow and win. We can score on 3 possessions (Barring stupid play calling) but we can't allow them to score anymore.
I don't think Army is going to give them enough time. Their offense is a clock eater.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:That's the last score we can allow and win. We can score on 3 possessions (Barring stupid play calling) but we can't allow them to score anymore.
I don't think Army is going to give them enough time. Their offense is a clock eater.
And now it's a moot point.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote:Jr. should have given more thought to breaking Gill's contract then Nike's.
:medic :clapping :flamethrower
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]