Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Remember, Flame Fans, we're not playing VMI today. This team led the NATION is rushing last year.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
It is hard to figure this staff out. Some games we game plan so aggressive then others we go all conservative. What is our identity?
By Jonathan Carone
Cider Jim wrote:Remember, Flame Fans, we're not playing VMI today. This team led the NATION is rushing last year.
I’m much less annoyed by our defense than I am our offense. Army is going to move the ball. Our offense has been inept.
By rtb72
thepostman wrote:Calvert has played awful. The game plan is awful. The coaching staff's decision making is awful.
The officiating has been GREAT!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:“When you go four wide, it opens up the run game.” - Jay Feely

It’s almost like that’s conventional wisdom to everyone but this staff.
Let's hire him. Haha
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Remember, Flame Fans, we're not playing VMI today. This team led the NATION is rushing last year.
I’m much less annoyed by our defense than I am our offense. Army is going to move the ball. Our offense has been inept.
Are you feeling ok today? We are agreeing a lot.

Should I pray for you? Is it unspoken? :D
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
the D has actually made some adjustments and has stopped the fullback the past couple possessions. Now if our O can get it figured out we might get back in this game.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The defense hasn't been awful. Just not great. Like Jon said the offense is much more disappointing. Especially the game plan and Calvert's execution.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Stop the sweeps!!! Run pickett up the guy and spread them 4 wide. Id get stubbs and king both on the field. Agg and farrow on edge. Take what they give.

The d has 1 stop that wasnt penalty aided.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:The defense hasn't been awful. Just not great. Like Jon said the offense is much more disappointing. Especially the game plan and Calvert's execution.
When the Army FB gets the ball it makes me nervous
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
My son, who has worked for the team for more than four years in various roles, says the coaches work hard to put in good game plans. He says what most fans blame on coaching is, in fact, poor discipline on the part of the players. Just putting it out there for consideration!
By PAFlame
Commentator says "Really surprised at many of these playcalls." Folks, we made it big time. We are gonna be the team in FBS that is known as the team nobody scouts for.
By Jonathan Carone
rmiller1959 wrote:My son, who has worked for the team for more than four years in various roles, says the coaches work hard to put in good game plans. He says what most fans blame on coaching is, in fact, poor discipline on the part of the players. Just putting it out there for consideration!
No one doubts how hard they work. The game plans they put it simply don’t work. If that’s poor discipline on the part of the players then that’s also a reflection of their coaching and/or recruiting.

This staff is paid handsomely. I’m not accepting seven years of blame on the players.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:My son, who has worked for the team for more than four years in various roles, says the coaches work hard to put in good game plans. He says what most fans blame on coaching is, in fact, poor discipline on the part of the players. Just putting it out there for consideration!
Fair enough but it's been consistantly this way for years that the coaches deserve the blame.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
100 percent blame on coaches. They recruit the players and implement the schemes and make the calls.

Hard to argue who is worse dailey or wimbo today.
By CapnMac
Last week we saw the coaches actually make adjustments at the half and we came out looking like a completely new team. Hopefully that wasn't a fluke and we can do it again this week
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell Ce[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]