Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Jonathan Carone
Under Armour tried to position themselves as an elite, high dollar brand and the market has simply decided they aren’t worth it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I´m curious to know whether our teams are actually sponsored by Nike (free gear) or we are just purchasing their stuff wholesale. I understand that Nike is still the gold standard for attracting recruits, but I can´t imagine that there are that many kids who actually make their decisions based on the brand of gear the school uses, especially at our level and the type of recruits we target.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
The standard contract with an apparel company is a % discount off of the wholesale price. We signed a contract with Adidas and received a set of away jerseys and practice defense jerseys as part of the deal. On top of that, we pay a % of the wholesale price.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Starter used to be good, I not know how their stuff is now. I have a Starter Alabama polo shirt that I got at Value City 20 years ago for 6.00. I still wear it and it looks new.

But best brand ever is Russell.
By Jonathan Carone
oldflame wrote:I´m curious to know whether our teams are actually sponsored by Nike (free gear) or we are just purchasing their stuff wholesale. I understand that Nike is still the gold standard for attracting recruits, but I can´t imagine that there are that many kids who actually make their decisions based on the brand of gear the school uses, especially at our level and the type of recruits we target.
It’s the wholesale route. Nike is slowly getting rid of those sponsorship deals for most schools. Some P5s have been dropped from the sponsorship deals and moved to wholesale over the last few years.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Starter used to be good, I not know how their stuff is now. I have a Starter Alabama polo shirt that I got at Value City 20 years ago for 6.00. I still wear it and it looks new.

Uncle Rico, is that you?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Starter used to be good, I not know how their stuff is now. I have a Starter Alabama polo shirt that I got at Value City 20 years ago for 6.00. I still wear it and it looks new.

Do you wear that polo with your Members Only jacket?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Quality is crappy from all the brands mentioned imho. I actually believe UA is slightly better quality from the gear i use.

Under armour does identify more with lu mission than nike and its just just support of trump. I know of at least 2 to 3 of the top 10 folks in the company that are on LU alums ministry boards. A couple very prominent. Their culture is different.

Uniform wise, we are not in that game. Maybe if you get to bama clemson osu level etc it matters. We would be just fine getting our 6 gill commits lol to sign if we were UA.

I also agree that nike would let us walk. We are small potatoes to them obviously.
By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:Interesting how this is becoming a thread on CK as opposed to a thread on LU and Nike. Should we switch the title to Colin Kaepernick? I mean I just posted some of his quotes but whether he knelt or not seems irrelevant to the Nike Deal discussion. He has been on Nike’s payroll since 2011 I believe. So, LU has been wearing Nike while Nike has been paying Kaep. The issue at hand IMO now becomes they reupped his contract and made him the face of a morjeting campaign. Thus with CK now being the Face of Nike, people and organizations have to weigh Association with that along with other factors. Not wanting to be a part of it doesn’t make you 1 step from Klan Membership and on the Heinrich Himmler Fan Club Membership List. And agreeing with it doesn’t come with its own personalized halo and bonus Woke Points.
But all hail Nike for making a splash.
+1
succinctly speaking --- RIGHT ON
By CCWMichael
My view is related to this ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nal-anthem

Clearly states there is no pride in the flag .....
Anything after that IMHO staes noe pride in the flag.
His right to believe so.
My right to disagree in a strong way.

Jr., I think his formulation is well designed.
My opinion .. we will stay with Nike.

does it mnatter to me?
I fought for the right for idiots (in my opinion) to be idiots.
It does matter but not enough to throw way my Liberty Kool Aid!

On this I connect with JR.
By CCWMichael
Yacht Rock wrote:Are you at open mic poetry night or something?
Watch it, I'll go haiku ...
By Class of 20Something
CCWMichael wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote:Are you at open mic poetry night or something?
Watch it, I'll go haiku ...
Jerry talks too much
There will be no changes made
New threads look legit.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]