Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
So, let's presume we start out hot ... beat Army and win out Norfolk, North Texas, New Mexico, and New Mexico State.
6-0! Would Liberty start earning top 25 votes or would we be shunned?
By LUOrange
I think we'd get a few votes, but not many. I think we beat Army and get to 3-0 after NSU. But who knows after that.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
To crack polls, we need a win at Auburn. Our strength of schedule isn't good. But then again, strength of schedule or lack of, doesn't hurt some Big 10 schools in polls.
By Man_the_kay
I think if we beat Army, then it is the huge success this year.
After beat Amry, NCAAF will focus on us entire rest of the season games.
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:We never started 6-0 in FCS. Let’s calm ourselves on this stuff.
To be fair we almost always played an FBS squad or two with FCS schollies.
By Jonathan Carone
Class of 20Something wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:We never started 6-0 in FCS. Let’s calm ourselves on this stuff.
To be fair we almost always played an FBS squad or two with FCS schollies.
To be fair, we haven’t lost less than three of our first six games since 2010.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I knew this is the kind of hype train that would get going if we won last Saturday. Now that expectations are raised LU will do what LU does best....
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I knew this is the kind of hype train that would get going if we won last Saturday. Now that expectations are raised LU will do what LU does best....
But the Flames are going Bowling!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:I knew this is the kind of hype train that would get going if we won last Saturday. Now that expectations are raised LU will do what LU does best....
But the Flames are going Bowling!

I do recall Cider saying that he has "bowl practice" at 4:30.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
To be fair, if we beat Army, they are not good and are on their way to a 3-9 season.
By tyndal23
N Texas may well end up being 2nd best team we play besides Auburn. If they go in to Arkansas and steal one - Mason Fine will be getting a ton of national attention and if LU is undefeated going in to that game and Buckshot still has top 20 QB numbers — Trust Me - there will be press. Odds of that happening - actually not as bad as preseason would have suggested. Army provides every team a challenge based on the time and preparation it takes for Triple Option and may beat the crap out of us, but they wont end up being better team than N Texas at end of the year. I think optimism after ODU is warranted somewhat since the weak link of our team turned in to a strength at least for 1 week - D Line and LB’s will see what they are made of this week - play in and play out will be a grind.
By Jonathan Carone
Sly Fox wrote:Don't be buzzkills this week. Reality will set in soon enough.
I've been around long enough to be overly annoyed by the Liberty hype machine. Someone's gotta bring reality into the discussion.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:N Texas may well end up being 2nd best team we play besides Auburn. If they go in to Arkansas and steal one - Mason Fine will be getting a ton of national attention and if LU is undefeated going in to that game and Buckshot still has top 20 QB numbers — Trust Me - there will be press. Odds of that happening - actually not as bad as preseason would have suggested. Army provides every team a challenge based on the time and preparation it takes for Triple Option and may beat the crap out of us, but they wont end up being better team than N Texas at end of the year. I think optimism after ODU is warranted somewhat since the weak link of our team turned in to a strength at least for 1 week - D Line and LB’s will see what they are made of this week - play in and play out will be a grind.
I posted this in another thread at the same time you were posting here ..... "If we can get past Army and take care of business with Norfolk State I could see the perfect storm brewing for North Texas. They will be coming off a huge game against Arkansas. A little emotional let down by them and we could pull off another miracle ?"
By Class of 20Something
tyndal23 wrote:N Texas may well end up being 2nd best team we play besides Auburn. If they go in to Arkansas and steal one - Mason Fine will be getting a ton of national attention and if LU is undefeated going in to that game and Buckshot still has top 20 QB numbers — Trust Me - there will be press. Odds of that happening - actually not as bad as preseason would have suggested. Army provides every team a challenge based on the time and preparation it takes for Triple Option and may beat the crap out of us, but they wont end up being better team than N Texas at end of the year. I think optimism after ODU is warranted somewhat since the weak link of our team turned in to a strength at least for 1 week - D Line and LB’s will see what they are made of this week - play in and play out will be a grind.
If UNT steals one from Arkansas and we are undefeated at that point, ESPN may want to use that new contract. That could be a great game for ESPNU

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/
By Class of 20Something
BuryYourDuke wrote:Oh the expectations...
I can fanboy and be realistic. Fanboying is just way more fun.

I don't think we're coming away from the weekend with a W, but what's the fun in telling everyone we're gonna lose all week?

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:If UNT steals one from Arkansas
That's not going to happen.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]