Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Gridiron Grenadier
Thought I'd come over to your board and exchange some thoughts on the game. I've been going to games at Michie Stadium since I was a kid in the mid 50's. So I've seen some great teams, some pathetic teams and everything in between.
I'm scared to death about this week's game. We didn't look good against Duke, mainly because we didn't control the clock well enough, making us look like a team with many new starters on offense. If Army once again cannot control the ball, things might get bleak rather quickly for the home squad.

I hope many of you make the trip to West Point. It's a national treasure and I think you will have a memorable experience. A couple of tips:
Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes. Everything seems like it's uphill both ways. And make sure you're carrying ID. You are entering a working military base, and they might check ID's.
I hope you all have a great time....well maybe not too great.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope to arrive at West Point early Saturday morning. I am staying in Mahwah, NJ, about 35 miles south of West Point. I want to get there early to do some sightseeing before Flames Club Tent lunch at 10:00.
Is the academy a "bicycle friendly" base ? Is there an Army PX on base ?
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope to arrive at West Point early Saturday morning. I am staying in Mahwah, NJ, about 35 miles south of West Point. I want to get there early to do some sightseeing before Flames Club Tent lunch at 10:00.
Is the academy a "bicycle friendly" base ? Is there an Army PX on base ?
Surprised you didn't ask about Burger King.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope to arrive at West Point early Saturday morning. I am staying in Mahwah, NJ, about 35 miles south of West Point. I want to get there early to do some sightseeing before Flames Club Tent lunch at 10:00.
Is the academy a "bicycle friendly" base ? Is there an PX on base ?
That would be AAFES (Army Air Force Exchange Services) PX, sir.

Don't leave us out!

:)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
All Army bases that I have ever been on, have a Burger King. If my memory is correct, BK was first food place to do a contract to put civilian eating places on Army posts. BK and the Army split the profits.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
A very quick google search told me there is both a PX and a BK. You're in good shape for this one ballcoach!
Last edited by thepostman on September 4th, 2018, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:All Army bases that I have ever been on, have a Burger King. If my memory is correct, BK was first food place to do a contract to put civilian eating places on Army posts. BK and the Army split the profits.
Is this true? I know I give you crap ballcoach, but this is the most fascinating bit of info that I've learned in the past week. Really underrated post if it's true....otherwise, I've been played.
By CCWMichael
Welcome!
Enjoy the game . I believe this is working out to be a good contest.
We are staying in Fishkill and plan on arriving early Friday to tour.
Any good German restaurants you recommend?
And, The best cannoli's from where?

If our Secondary can improve and the rest of the D stay consistent I believe we have a good shot at taking win number 2.
By Gridiron Grenadier
The PX and the commissary are in the same location, along with a very poor BK. West Point is very hilly, but you can ride a bike.

As far as German food, Gus' Tavern in New Windsor is a good choice (not far from Fishkill.)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
VaGolf, it is true, according to General H Norman Schwarzkopf's autobiography. Deal was made in early 80s when he was Commander of Fort Stewart , Georgia.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Gridiron Grenadier wrote:The PX and the commissary are in the same location, along with a very poor BK. West Point is very hilly, but you can ride a bike.

As far as German food, Gus' Tavern in New Windsor is a good choice (not far from Fishkill.)
Ballcoach, does such a thing even exist? You need to go and post a BK review. :fineprint
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I plan to. I am leaning towards staying up there until Sunday morning. If I do, I will eat my post game dinner at West Point BK.
By CCWMichael
Gridiron Grenadier wrote:The PX and the commissary are in the same location, along with a very poor BK. West Point is very hilly, but you can ride a bike.

Thank you Gridiron Grenadier ... we will hit the tavern.
Their menu looks great and we were looking for homemade sausages .... you nailed it!
By CCWMichael

At the tavern now .... everyone needs to go. Thanks for the tip.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I figured Ballcoach would be sleeping in an Army pup tent near the Hudson, eating an MRE for breakfast, and shaving out of his canteen cup. :usa
By LUDad
:wink:
Cider Jim wrote:I figured Ballcoach would be sleeping in an Army pup tent near the Hudson, eating an MRE for breakfast, and shaving out of his canteen cup. :usa
I'm not sure we can trust him to cheer only for LU...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Phew! I was really worried about that for you.
I wonder if he ubered :dontgetit
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]