Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Liberty - 20
Army - 41
Army rushing yards for the tiebreaker - 391

I’ve been looking forward to the game since it was announced. There’s lot of pride in playing AWP. However, I don’t like this game for our team. If KSU can embarrass us at home with the triple option, then I don’t see us faring much better against a MUCH better Army team.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:According to their board Army doesn't have a great defense but the great news for them is Gill hasn't stopped the option since he's been here.

55-48 Army. No defense.

534 rushing yards.
When we beat KSU two years ago were they running TO like they were last year?
By willflop
Liberty22 wrote:
ballah09 wrote:According to their board Army doesn't have a great defense but the great news for them is Gill hasn't stopped the option since he's been here.

55-48 Army. No defense.

534 rushing yards.
Yes, all three years they ran TO, and we won the first two. Granted, that was their first 2 years of even having a FB program.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:

55-48 Army. No defense.

534 rushing yards.
numbers against the triple option

2017 77 att 498 yards 6.5 ypc
2016- 46 att 267 yards 5.8 ypc
2015- 63 att 292 yards 4.6 ypc

Against Brevard a D2 team
2014- 80 att 392 yards 4.9 ypc
2013- 43 att 253 yards 5.8 ypc

Gill's defense is giving up an average 30 points a game against a triple option. 26 ppg against an D2 team in Brevard. Brevard put up astonishing numbers considering who we had on defense at the time.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My original post in the Expectation thread had Army winning 31-20, but even despite our issues against the TO, i dont think the Black Knights are 11 points better than we are, even without this past weekend's bludgeoning of ODU in the second half

LU 27
Army 31

Army rushes for 235 yards and Matthews and Pickett combine for over 200 and Buckshot has another game of catch with AGG finishing with 3 more TDs
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
So Dukes QB completed just under 80% against army D. Has me thinking buckshot could have a career day. This game really comes down to what can our Def do, assuming offense shows up like they can.
By SoD BAS
Liberty22 wrote:So Dukes QB completed just under 80% against army D. Has me thinking buckshot could have a career day. This game really comes down to what can our Def do, assuming offense shows up like they can.
And how many possessions we end up having with their clock-milking tactics.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure if we are going to win up there on the road. But all of you folk who don't think we can score 21 points on that awful defense are pretty jaded. I see this one being rather high-scoring.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]