Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:From an Army Fan on their message board

"Pre-season I disagreed with the automatic W almost unanimously predicted versus Liberty. And after watching the Duke game I think that Saturday could be ugly if Army does not play at a very high level.

Stephen Buckshot Calvert makes Duke's Daniel Jones look pedestrian. And I have watched Buckshot (actually his middle name) and Liberty for going on 2 years now.

They are not a one dimensional passing team by any stretch. They have a very good big O-line and effective running game. They get better each game. ODU was actually favored last week. Liberty has that family vibe growing stronger each day. That feeling that thing that you cannot describe but you know it when a team has it.

They are not awe struck newcomers to the FBS ranks. And Buck (as his teammates call him) is the real deal with a real team and real coach.

Army must win TOP battle by a lot (2:1 not being unreasonable), keep the Flames O off the field, get an early lead and play ALL 4 quarters full gas.

And Liberty does a really good job with game planning and an even better job making effective adjustments. Both sides of the ball. I hope Calvert and the Flames have a miserable game experience and Army wins. It will not be an easy day.

Play anything like we did against Duke and the final score will be worse."

http://academywars.com/awforums/viewtop ... 487034cfa4
This guy is drinking more cherry red Liberty Kool-Aid than anyone on this board. :roll:
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I dont want to give myself away as a degenerate , but I do want to mention something I find interesting. How the line moves on Liberty games. When the line moves in Liberty's favor as it has this week, ( from 10.5 point underdog to 9 points currently) that means money has come in on LU. Not so much in the NFL or even P5 (except Notre Dame and other degenerate fan bases) but the fan base and boosters can move the line in G5 and lower football.

The thing I find interesting in LUs case, the line has moved 1.5 points even 2 in some cases. How many LU fans are putting big money on the flames this weekend ? Kind of funny.

Someone more familiar with vegas that wants to explain how I am wrong, please do.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote:I bet the moneyline last week on Liberty and made out handsomely. Am I kicked off the board now?
Not if you paid your 10% to the Board Admins
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Injury or something else?
By R i
Registration Days Posts
LIne has moved to 8. Vegas cant figure us out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:LIne has moved to 8. Vegas cant figure us out.
Liberty Football since 1976!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:So do LU fans gamble this much? Should we add this to the list of concerns along with music and dress?? :twisted:
Need to add gluttony ? I fired up the smoker at 7:15 this morning and put on a great big Boston Butt. Guest will be here at 11:30 tomorrow and we'll have the game on three TV"s. :lol:
By Class of 20Something
TH Spangler wrote:
thepostman wrote:So do LU fans gamble this much? Should we add this to the list of concerns along with music and dress?? :twisted:
Need to add gluttony ? I fired up the smoker at 7:15 this morning and put on a great big Boston Butt. Guest will be here at 11:30 tomorrow and we'll have the game on three TV"s. :lol:
I think USPS lost my invite. You mind shooting the address over?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:
I think USPS lost my invite. You mind shooting the address over?
I know? Right? Had he said “Friends” I’d get why we weren’t invited :D
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Living in Mountain Time now has me all screwed up with game times. I kept thinking Noon for the game this Saturday and then I realized it is a 10am start time here. My wife now knows that from 10am till 1pm no boxes will be opened by this guy, ha.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'll still be wearing my red tomorrow.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Any local Lynchburg fans watching this game? Are any Lynchburg sports bars/restaurants showing this game? Is LU showing it anywhere?
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]