Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Did they actually play those lyrics or were they edited? They’ve come a long way since a fan broke down the door to the PA room to try to turn off the Motown songs being played
Funny you mentioned attire. I mentioned to Mrs Purple that she couldn’t have worn any of those outfits when she was at LU. She said ‘you got that right’. She did make a great point though. She said one of the reasons they went to the games was because it was one of only times they could wear jeans
I thought I had heard that lol.

Nice clickbait title too :)
I can get behind you with the music. I’m all for secular music being played, and even encouraged it when I was there, but there’s a line. The hard part is that line is subjective.

Where I may differ from you is on what people we wearing. I have a hard time telling a girl not to wear something because I, personally, may let my mind wander. That’s a me problem and not her responsibility. I should be able to control my thoughts and not sexualize a girl at a football game.
I don’t disagree with this. Even during practice I have heard some less than appropriate lyrics over the PA system. Thankfully HCTG has put the lid on that it seems. We don’t need amazing grace or the 1st and 3rd verse of Just As I Am for hype music, but we shouldn’t have music as described above. And the attire of the females has legitimately gone unenforced both on students and staff. My wife comments on this regularly and I can’t disagree. The University should be represented better than this.
jbock13 wrote:I thought I had heard that lol.

Whether edited or not, songs like that shouldn’t be played.
jbock13 wrote:

On the flipside, that weird instrumental cover of Gangsta's Paradise played during the delay was all kinds of awful. Let's not do that again.
ElmersTwin wrote:
jbock13 wrote:

On the flipside, that weird instrumental cover of Gangsta's Paradise played during the delay was all kinds of awful. Let's not do that again.
Could have been an instrumental cover of...

[youtube]lOfZLb33uCg[/youtube]
Losing battle.

Who remembers when Nasser and JR promoted Juvenile new album in Convo. Shout out to CoSeezy :). Liberty has been trying to get Chance the Rapper and Drake to come to convo for awhile so you know music like that is not an issue for them and plus they're going playing music that the students want to hear and thats rap/r&b.

Lastly can't really tell what the girl to wear unless it really exposes them. I'm right there with SJ on that.
BuryYourDuke wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Call me old if you want. But if ladies dress to attract men, they shouldn’t be surprised when it works and it attracts men.
You’re a relic of the church’s racist and misogynistic past (and by that I mean pre-2010) Purple. :lol:
Great. Now I gotta Google all those big words.....
Purple Haize wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Call me old if you want. But if ladies dress to attract men, they shouldn’t be surprised when it works and it attracts men.
You’re a relic of the church’s racist and misogynistic past (and by that I mean pre-2010) Purple. :lol:
Great. Now I gotta Google all those big words.....
I'm just here to help you out. Study

pur·ple
ˈpərpəl/
noun
noun: purple; plural noun: purples

a color intermediate between red and blue.
"the painting was mostly in shades of blue and purple"
purple clothing or material.
a crimson dye obtained from some mollusks, formerly used for fabric worn by an emperor or senior magistrate in ancient Rome or Byzantium.
noun: Tyrian purple; plural noun: Tyrian purples
(in ancient Rome or Byzantium) clothing made from fabric dyed with Tyrian purple.
noun: the purple
(in ancient Rome) a position of rank, authority, or privilege.
"he was too young to assume the purple"
the scarlet official dress of a cardinal.

adjective
adjective: purple; comparative adjective: purpler; superlative adjective: purplest

of a color intermediate between red and blue.
"a faded purple T-shirt"

verb
verb: purple; 3rd person present: purples; past tense: purpled; past participle: purpled; gerund or present participle: purpling

become or make purple in color.
"Ed's cheeks purpled"
This is where I see it differently:

Many women, especially in the environment we are talking about, dress to impress their female friends, not men. It’s not about being attractive to men in this context.
Jonathan Carone wrote:
This is where I see it differently:

Many women, especially in the environment we are talking about, dress to impress their female friends, not men. It’s not about being attractive to men in this context.
That becomes a circular argument. Why are they trying to impress their female friends? How does wearing a skinny tank top, high cut shorts and optional undergarments impress their female friends? And why is the friend they are trying to impress dress that way? And so on and so on.
I’m certainly not a dress code stickler. Never was. Just understand actions have consequences
TH Spangler wrote:Nothing new here boys and girls? These issues go all the way back to the ...... "garden". Study
The Worlds first pick up line

Is that a leaf in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? 8)
BuryYourDuke wrote:The permissive attitude of the church (at least in modern times) is new.
I agree but that’s not to say prior to that it was a correct stance.
Teaching kids that actions have consequences (if you show a lot of skin, people are going to look at your skin) is what is lacking IMO
BuryYourDuke wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote: Where I may differ from you is on what people we wearing. I have a hard time telling a girl not to wear something because I, personally, may let my mind wander. That’s a me problem and not her responsibility. I should be able to control my thoughts and not sexualize a girl at a football game.
That’s very...modern...of you. Certainly everyone is culpable for the sins they commit. But what you are saying plays into the now common implication that all sexual sin is the fault of men, and that women have no responsibility for their actions or behavior. You should be able to control your thoughts and not sexualize girls at a football game. 20 year old men in particular should also be able to go to a football game on a Christian University campus and not have girls in skintight tank tops and booty shorts twerking to hip hop music in front of them and on the video screen. There’s a reasonable give and take here that doesn’t violate the oh so important American Christian women’s right to dress like sluts. Why have a dress code at all? Why have rules at all by the logic that “we can’t tell people what do do”?
This is unnecessary and completely inappropriate. Be better.
adam42381 wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote: Where I may differ from you is on what people we wearing. I have a hard time telling a girl not to wear something because I, personally, may let my mind wander. That’s a me problem and not her responsibility. I should be able to control my thoughts and not sexualize a girl at a football game.
That’s very...modern...of you. Certainly everyone is culpable for the sins they commit. But what you are saying plays into the now common implication that all sexual sin is the fault of men, and that women have no responsibility for their actions or behavior. You should be able to control your thoughts and not sexualize girls at a football game. 20 year old men in particular should also be able to go to a football game on a Christian University campus and not have girls in skintight tank tops and booty shorts twerking to hip hop music in front of them and on the video screen. There’s a reasonable give and take here that doesn’t violate the oh so important American Christian women’s right to dress like sluts. Why have a dress code at all? Why have rules at all by the logic that “we can’t tell people what do do”?
This is unnecessary and completely inappropriate. Be better.
It’s not inaccurate though
Before you question the intent and values of some of these women, I’d suggest having actual conversations with them about the subject and listen to what they’re saying with the intent to understand them, not refute them. Those conversations are what changed my opinion on this.
BuryYourDuke wrote:
You are aware of why they dress that way, right? We’re all biologically driven to attract. It’s the way it is. If you don’t like it, don’t look at it.

I’m totally with you on the music but you’re no different than the Muslim who says that women have to cover their face just because it might cause a man to have “impure thoughts”. Let’s not act so holier than thou, we all struggle. But the most chicken thing to do is blame a woman for your own struggles. C’mon man.
Last edited by jbock13 on September 2nd, 2018, 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yes it has gone to far. I was hoping music and video board would be better this year, but I believe it's worse.
My biggest grip is no out of town scoreboard. If we are going to play with the big guys (FBS), we could at least show scores of other games.
Stadium atmosphere would be better if fans were making noise instead of PA system.
As for dress code, most of America has gone to the gutter when it comes to dress. I see people at church every Sunday wearing clothes I would not mow my yard wearing. Musicans on stage are the worst offenders.
As for females dress, I once heard someone say it's not a sin to dress sexy, but it's a sin for men to admire her. Not,that I agree with that saying.

But as Dr. Falwell said, if it's Christian, it should be better. This applies to music, dress among all else.
20 year old men in particular should also be able to go to a football game on a Christian University campus and not have girls in skintight tank tops and booty shorts twerking to hip hop music in front of them and on the video screen.
There’s another piece of this I want to tackle specifically, and that’s the idea of the twerk and generational differences.

When I was in school, we were asked not to say the word “suck.” To our generation, “you suck” just meant you weren’t any good. We’d grown up around it. But to the older generation, “you suck” meant you performed oral sex and that heinous act is something you should be ashamed of. That meaning never even crossed our minds as we said it.

Likewise, to a 35-year-old who came of age when twerking was a dance move to symbolize sex, a girl dancing in that way is inately sexual.

The difference is, to a 19-year-old, she learned to twerk when she was seven years old. It’s always just been a dance to her. It lost its original meaning because it never meant that in the first place.

So what you saw as sexual was never sexual to her. She was dancing with her friends and entertaining each other, not trying to make the old men in the stadium think sexual things about her.
ballcoach15 wrote:Yes it has gone to far. I was hoping music and video board would be better this year, but I believe it's worse.
My biggest grip is no out of town scoreboard. If we are going to play with the big guys (FBS), we could at least show scores of other games.
Stadium atmosphere would be better if fans were making noise instead of PA system.
As for dress code, most of America has gone to the gutter when it comes to dress. I see people at church every Sunday wearing clothes I would not mow my yard wearing. Musicans on stage are the worst offenders.
As for females dress, I once heard someone say it's not a sin to dress sexy, but it's a sin for men to admire her. Not,that I agree with that saying.

But as Dr. Falwell said, if it's Christian, it should be better. This applies to music, dress among all else.
How is the video board worse? It’s larger with better clarity and definition
The PA system is phenomenal. The bass alone was amazing
As for dress code, I see you mowing your yard dressed like this:

[youtube]QQG9-66Zeeg[/youtube]
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]