Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
ElmersTwin wrote:
LUAlum1215 wrote:Attendance was most definitely affected by the weather. I drove by the tailgating and parking lots near Green Hall at about 620 and there were more than several prime spots. A lot of people left during the storm. That said, athletics still needs to find ways to get the locals behind the program.

ODU has 4 team buses, 3 band buses, and 3 fan buses. I spoke with one of their videographers for about 20 minutes both before and after the game. He was a very nice guy and had great things to say about our stadium and the team. He said he’d like to come back for another game this season and I don’t think he was just saying it.

The lighting does need to be addressed outside of the gates. I agree it’s likely a matter of finishing the construction though.

Overall I’m optimistic going forward. The game was a ton of fun to watch and seeing the adjustments in the second half were refreshing to see as we’ve never seen that from this staff. I’m looking forward to next week to see if we can be competitive or if Army just had an off night at Duke.
Not to be that guy, but I know a decent amount (10+) LU staff who scratched going to the game when they realized there's no discount option available for faculty and staff. For some, $30+ a ticket doesn't make sense, even if you're getting an FBS product.
An email was sent out to staff promotion $5 tickets, limit 10 per person. That is what I did.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My guess, as someone who was in the band was that Dr Dr. Kerr didnt want to damage the full size speakers the band typically uses in their self contained system. Now not having been to the game Saturday i dont know what kind of "portable speakers" they used, but there certainly should have been a better backup system in place for the first show, and whoever's in charge of sound needs a bit more training as well.
By Class of 20Something
Let's remember that the Baptist side attendance was by design. They want the visitors side to fill up first. That is why the cheapest tickets both GA and Bench back are on that side of the stadium.

If you all recall, the visitors side looked great on the broadcast. That was by design.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I missed the raising of the 71 flag which I thought was a great LU tradition. The 71 flag was flying above the new jumbotron, but I don't know if there was a ceremony like there used to be.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would guess that the pre game weather prevented the ceremony raising 71 flag.

As for improvement, we need a better 2nd quarter. After going up 14-0, we didn't look good again until 3rd quarter.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I was so happy about the game.
First FBS win.
Win against an in state opponent.
Fans were into it.
Stadium looked beautiful.
Defense controlled the run.
Buckshot and the receivers played well.
Matthews has some good speed.
Loved the drum solo the band did with the quad players changing positions.

Improvement:
Bathroom access for the flamesfan fest.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
This has already been mentioned, but getting ESPN our stats. They show up in the game box score on the site, but all the individual stats don’t show up in the NCAA Stats Page.

Buckshot should be Top 10 in Passing Yards and Top 20 in Passing TDs.

AGG should be Top 5 in Receiving TDs.

Stubbs should be Top 12 in Receiving Yards.

The team should be Top 20 in Total Yards and Pass Yards.

We should be ensuring our name ends up in all the right places and the stats section on a major site is one of those places.
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:We don’t show up in those because we aren’t eligible for them. Next year we will be in those lists but we won’t be on them this year.
Well at least that will help everyone sleep on us this year.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:We don’t show up in those because we aren’t eligible for them. Next year we will be in those lists but we won’t be on them this year.
I’m not sure that’s the case because they have us At 24 for our team scoring 52. Seems like if we weren’t eligible we wouldn’t be there. Also when looking on a computer AGG shows up on the scoring leaders list, but can’t find him elsewhere. Feel like our stats just haven’t been put in everywhere they need to by ESPN. Idk if someone from the school can get involved, but seems like it’s just not being input correctly or fully.
By Jonathan Carone
Damien posted here about it yesterday. I'd trust him, especially given that you're essentially saying Todd Wetmore isn't good at his job when, in fact, Todd Wetmore is absolutely incredible at his job.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
I don’t know who those folks are, just pointing out that we are showing up in the Stats section for some things and not for others. If we are in fact not eligible we should not be there for any. If we are eligible we should do what we can to make sure we are there where we should be.
By Jonathan Carone
Damien - Liberty's beat writer for the News and Advance

Todd Wetmore - Associate Athletics Director for Communications

Both of those people are paid to know these answers and this process and both are pretty good at their job.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Damien - Liberty's beat writer for the News and Advance

Todd Wetmore - Associate Athletics Director for Communications

Both of those people are paid to know these answers and this process and both are pretty good at their job.
Pretty good would be an understatement Jon.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the details on who they are. If that’s what it is and we just aren’t eligible then cool deal non-issue. You can understand the questioning though given how we show up at some stat spots in regards to leading but not in others. Not bashing either of them.

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]