Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Someone needs to make suggestion to show out of town scores and show more replays. I plan to do it myself next time I mingle with upper level leadership.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Someone needs to make suggestion to show out of town scores and show more replays. I plan to do it myself next time I mingle with upper level leadership.
Talk to Your vaunted #sources
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Someone needs to make suggestion to show out of town scores and show more replays. I plan to do it myself next time I mingle with upper level leadership.
You were on my mind yesterday, Ballcoach. Figured you had to be loving the music and fan shots on video board.

I can get behind more replays. I loved the music.

Use your smartphone for scores.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37, music and fan shots were so bad, I paid very little attention to them. I wore ear plugs and only looked at video board after touchdowns.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I think JK has access and actual influence with more sources than you.
We can all agree that Terry Falwell and Cider Jim are not ‘high level’ Sources
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I think JK has access and actual influence with more sources than you.
#FakeNews. You, sir, have #BadSources. :wink:
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote:A guy on the ODU forum has now set his season tickets on fire, taken a picture of it, and put it in his signature. lol
I enjoy reading meltdowns by opposing fans after a big win as much as the next guy but who are the two LU fans showing their a** on an opponent board and rubbing salt in the wound. There is no excuse for that. We will be on the other end of scores like this and I won't take kindly to a UVA or Aub fan doing the same on this board.

Stay classy people!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:who are the two LU fans showing their a** on an opponent board
One of the guys is local and has no connection to TRBC or LU, but just likes college football and roots for his hometown team.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Trust me on this one.
Ever read the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf?
By Class of 20Something
LUDad wrote:
A team in the second year of an FCS to FBS transfer "probationary period" that would have been eligible had it been a full FBS member.

We would need 5 FBS + 1 FCS to qualify under the conditional eligibility.
Actually it is under the 5th rule that we obtain eligibility. For us to go to a bowl, there is an assumption that there are NOT enough teams available to go bowling under the first four sets of conditional rules. Under rule 5, as long as we have at least a 6/6 record we qualify as bowl eligible. Prior rules (which no other team has apparently qualified under) allows two FCS wins. The whole purpose of the various contengencies is that 1. The NCAA can fill all bowl slots 2. That the slots are filled in order of most deserving.
Yeah, that! The four before us are.

1. Teams finishing 6-6 with one win against a team from the lower Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), regardless of whether that FCS school meets NCAA scholarship requirements. Until now, an FCS win counted only if that opponent met the scholarship requirements—specifically, that school had to award at least 90% of the FCS maximum of 63 scholarship equivalents over a two-year period. In the 2012 season, programs in four FCS conferences cannot meet the 90% requirement (56.7 equivalents)—the Ivy League, which prohibits all athletic scholarships; the Pioneer Football League and Georgetown, which do not currently award football scholarships; and the Northeast Conference, which limits football scholarships to 38 equivalents.

2. 6-6 teams with two wins over FCS schools.

3. Teams that finish 6-7 with loss number seven in their conference championship game (that has been eliminated by the conference championship waiver rule).

4. 6-7 teams that normally play a 13-team schedule, such as Hawaii's home opponents. Although Hawaii normally plays a 13-game schedule, it only played 12 games in the 2012 season
By Man_the_kay
Before the game, some of ODU fans said Liberty is "still the equivalent of an FCS team".
I am sure they've gotten hurt so much for losing the game by "still the equivalent of an FCS team" last night.

I was not able to watch the game since I am not in the states. But I watched highlights of the game.
Dominant game! I am so glad for the impovement of our defense!

I cannot wait the next game verses ARMY!!
Go flames!
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Congress, and everything else in D.C., is a corpor[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]