Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:The Apostrophe was to avoid any confusion with them being jersey numbers.
That was never a problem with Marshall's football team that has 75 on their helmets (for the number of lives lost in the team's plane crash of 1970).
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
flamesfilmguy wrote:The Apostrophe was to avoid any confusion with them being jersey numbers.
That was never a problem with Marshall's football team that has 75 on their helmets (for the number of lives lost in the team's plane crash of 1970).
Which is fine. I'm just saying in our particular case and the fact that the correct abbreviation for a year is with an apostrophe, we decided to go with the apostrophe instead of just the number. Some will love it some will hate it. Can't please everyone.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I personally liked the apostrophe, since teaching students how to use that properly is what I do for a living. :fineprint
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
White Helmet
White Jersey
Blue Pants
Vs. UMass
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Blue Helmet
White Jersey
Blue Pants
Vs. Auburn
By CCWMichael
BJWilliams wrote:Blue Helmet
White Jersey
Blue Pants
Vs. Auburn
You forgot the brown strip on the back of the drawers .......
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Red Helmet
Blue Jersey
White Pants
Vs. Norfolk State
By CCWMichael
It may just be me but I have never been impressed with the blue but can live with it. Do not want to live with the jersey at home.
Be Early, Be Loud, Wear Blue!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The blue is my third choice in jersey colors but I have always loved the red helmets the most.

Honestly I am more jazzed about the throwback jerseys the basketball team is wearing tonight.

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Can any oldimers put a year with those throwback MBB uniforms? :oldhag :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Can any oldimers put a year with those throwback MBB uniforms? :oldhag :dontgetit
I´ve never been much of a uni guy and don´t really get why some are so borderline obsessed with them. Ask me about a player, or even specific games, and I´m all over it.

Having said that, I´m pretty sure it´s pre-2000, and based on the significance of the teams, maybe 93-94, although I do remember they broke out brand new all red unis for the tourney game against UNC.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The blue is my third choice in jersey colors but I have always loved the red helmets the most.

Honestly I am more jazzed about the throwback jerseys the basketball team is wearing tonight.

The script looks great. Hate the thick waistbands.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Agree with sly. Almost never like the blue jersey. Need a blue matte helmet the eagle in white and white face mask. I think thats the big problem with the blue jersey is that none of the existing helmets look right to me with it.
By Class of 20Something
Perhaps someone with some graphic design skill could make this for fun. But I don't think the answer for the blue helmet is another eagle logo like the red and white helmets. I think the answer is in the Liberty 24 car that William Byron drove this season. I think a blue helmet with red/white flames trailing off the facemask similar to this Titans' concept would be fun.
By CCWMichael
Class of 20Something wrote:Perhaps someone with some graphic design skill could make this for fun. But I don't think the answer for the blue helmet is another eagle logo like the red and white helmets. I think the answer is in the Liberty 24 car that William Byron drove this season. I think a blue helmet with red/white flames trailing off the facemask similar to this Titans' concept would be fun.
I think your onto something there......
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]