Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im not either...but i don't pick the uniforms each week too
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Im not either...but i don't pick the uniforms each week too
Well I think we should! :D
By Jonathan Carone
The all red is one of my least favorites. I'd prefer white pants.

I don't mind all blue or all white. Just something about all red that I don't love.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Red Helmet
White Jersey
Blue Pants
Vs. New Mexico
#murica
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Actually youre correct. I wish i i could find the thread where we broke down the record with each uniform combo. That was actually pretty cool
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
White Helmet
White Jersey
Red Pants
Vs. New Mexico State
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
From the looks of it it's the eagle logo like the ODU game. Which actually reminds me....would the eagle flame be a good look on the blue helmets or no?
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:From the looks of it it's the eagle logo like the ODU game. Which actually reminds me....would the eagle flame be a good look on the blue helmets or no?
Just from a the marketing guide, the Flaming Eagle will have to have a white border. I do think the eagle logo is great as a standalone on the helmets though. I think it is unique enough to establish itself as "iconic." Not trying to say it is already there but I think we can hitch our wagon to it.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: the eagle logo is great as a standalone on the helmets though. I think it is unique enough to establish itself as "iconic."
Proto is in agreement with you.
By Ewglenn
Class of 20Something wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:From the looks of it it's the eagle logo like the ODU game. Which actually reminds me....would the eagle flame be a good look on the blue helmets or no?
Just from a the marketing guide, the Flaming Eagle will have to have a white border. I do think the eagle logo is great as a standalone on the helmets though. I think it is unique enough to establish itself as "iconic." Not trying to say it is already there but I think we can hitch our wagon to it.
I agree, I like it. What if the did a red, white and blue helmet?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Eh...I'd be careful with something like that. I dont want anything like the Maryland helmet with our colors
By cruzan_flame13
BJWilliams wrote:Eh...I'd be careful with something like that. I dont want anything like the Maryland helmet with our colors
That’s what generation z likes sir. If that helps get some talented boys to appreciate the program, then it’s not so bad. I would think that helmet would be a second alternative. Plus it will connect the ‘liberty’ idea that the school promotes anyways.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Blue Helmet
Red Jersey
White Pants
Vs. Idaho State
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The 71 decal on one side would be better without the apostrophe IMO
By LUAlum1215
That was a popular opinion from what I’ve heard. I would agree but honestly I don’t like helmets with two different sides like this.
By Class of 20Something
Watching Auburn Ole Miss. Sec has a "Graduate" ribbon on the SEC logo for graduate students. I would like to see a similar effort for all LU sports. It happens a lot in basketball and in women's sports too. Emphasis on the Student in Student Athlete
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I think it could’ve looked great with no apostrophe and the 71 on both sides.
Something to consider for the 50th anniversary
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Watching Auburn Ole Miss. Sec has a "Graduate" ribbon on the SEC logo for graduate students. I would like to see a similar effort for all LU sports. It happens a lot in basketball and in women's sports too. Emphasis on the Student in Student Athlete
Is that a noun or a verb? Makes a difference.
By CCWMichael
LUAlum1215 wrote:That was a popular opinion from what I’ve heard. I would agree but honestly I don’t like helmets with two different sides like this.
I concur.
Maybe it was my old man eyesight but I sit 12 rows of the field and could not even tell we had a '71 on the helmet
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
The Apostrophe was to avoid any confusion with them being jersey numbers. which from an equipment and referee standpoint I totally get. I think they looked great.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]