Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ODU 35
Liberty 24

Att: 21,873
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ODU offence has a new QB. Their top running back doubtful, starter only has 31 career carries. Our defence is way better than we thought. ODU secondary is a question mark, our offence lights it up.

LU 34 ODU 17
Attendance 22,000
Glass full! Go FLAMES!
By Class of 20Something
TH Spangler wrote:ODU offence has a new QB. Their top running back doubtful, starter only has 31 career carries. Our defence is way better than we thought. ODU secondary is a question mark, our offence lights it up.

LU 34 ODU 17
Attendance 22,000
Glass full! Go FLAMES!
Returning but super young QB.
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:Turner Gill's recent quotes on injuries have filled me with doubt.
I will actually try and walk it back for you then as to why it shouldn't worry you. During the open scrimmage, Gill went for it on 4th down a lot. If everything between the 30's is 4 down territory, that may be our gameplan for the season with our high octane offense.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
LU 35
ODU 28

Defense plays much better. Offensive Line improves and we have a little running game to balance the pass and help us run out the clock late as the fans rush the field.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
thepostman wrote:Turner Gill's recent quotes on injuries have filled me with doubt.
I will actually try and walk it back for you then as to why it shouldn't worry you. During the open scrimmage, Gill went for it on 4th down a lot. If everything between the 30's is 4 down territory, that may be our gameplan for the season with our high octane offense.
Or this proves Probert is in fact injured and they’re practicing knowing field goals may not be a viable option therefore we must go for it on 4th down.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I'm torn.

My head says ODU 41-27 given they have all their D line and O line back which is the strength of this team. We may be over-matched in the trenches.

My heart says LU 31-30.

24, 270
Athens Regional

Over breakfast at Hardees with the Old Men's Club […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

ACC dug their own grave with poor leadership. At o[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Finally happened, the ATrain household is no l[…]