Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
We're attending the game this weekend and I have a few questions. Some of which may have already been answered but I can't find anything.

1. Bought tickets last night through Seatgeek. $20 a piece for GA, which is now just the upper deck of the east side? Has anyone found a better deal?

(Side note: It took me two tries to guess a promocode. STUDENT2018 gets you $5 off for up to two tickets.)

2. Security. Does anyone know what is and isn't allowed? Mostly asking for my wife who will have a purse. How tight will things be this year? I'm expecting and hoping for tight security given the increase in attendees.

3. Parking. I've always parked in the Docs Diner lot. Is that area still free game? Any thoughts on better areas to park?

4. Food. I'm sure outside food and drinks aren't allowed but what about someone with special dietary needs? Any exceptions?

I know some of these can be answered by copy and paste from the LU website. I'm not really looking for that. Just looking for ideas. We didn't make it to a game last year, so, I'm not sure how much things have changed.
By Old Red
Sounds like you got a fair deal on the tickets. Outside of a staff discount, I don't anticipate doing any better than $20.

Your wife will need to leave her purse in the car. They are serious about the clear bag policy now.

Doc's lot should still be open, but also very popular. I've parked in the Lahaye lot for the past few years and have always had a very easy time getting in & out (except for when a Hockey game is scheduled same time as football). It's always been easy for me to come through the tunnel and up past Green Hall to park. Traffic exits pretty quick that way too. Of course, all of that can change this. Fingers crossed!

I'd recommend contacting the ticket office about your food question. Maybe they give a waiver for health related stuff. All I know right now is they allow an unopened bottle of water (up to 1 liter), but thats it.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Last time I went to a game I used the Rot's parking garage. it was a bit of a walk but very easy to get in and out. It seems Doc's Diner is the most popular free lot so you have to get there a bit early to snag a spot there.

I'm coming in from Maryland so I'm not sure how early ill be.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]