Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By SoD BAS
Jonathan Carone wrote:Apparently Liberty fans gave Ryan McGee tons of crap last week for being in the Bottom 10.
I thought his write up about this under the ODU bottom 10 spot was pretty funny. He was a good sport about it at least.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Apparently Liberty fans gave Ryan McGee tons of crap last week for being in the Bottom 10.
Not surprising and I am also guessing he is use to that kind of thing.
By Class of 20Something
SoD BAS wrote:
I thought his write up about this under the ODU bottom 10 spot was pretty funny. He was a good sport about it at least.
Which one of you said "ODU said 'Give me Liberty or give me death', and they got both!" ?
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:
Not surprising and I am also guessing he is use to that kind of thing.
Oh he definitely is. Even retweets some of it throughout the week.

My guess is Liberty fans didn’t realize what the Bottom 10 is. They thought it was an insult when it’s just ESPN’s comedic snapshot of the worst performances of the week.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I also tend to believe he writes things like that to add humor. I’m not saying it didn’t happen cause I know plenty on this board who would do it but I think he sometimes makes stuff up to add to the humor of the article. The easiest thing to do would be to check out his twitter to see if any fans did give him crap.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Here's some CBS coverage. Cracked me up. MSN link, but it was on a CBS site.
Bottom 25 college football rankings: Florida State, Tennessee check in after Week 1

#1. Old Dominion 0-1 Liberty is making the transition to FBS this season, and considering Old Dominion just let it go for 595 yards and 52 points against it, the Monarchs better hope Liberty's the best dang transition team in history. If not, this season could get ugly.
16. Army 0-1 The first four games of Army's schedule suddenly look a lot more difficult. We knew Duke and Oklahoma would be hard, but now Liberty and Hawaii look like teams that will pose a more significant problem than we thought.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/bott ... ar-BBMUUEW
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]