Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:JMU is better than UVA. If they played, JMU would probably win by 14 or more.

Sidebar: I despise both teams.
I would have given you that argument last year. Not this year. JMU lost two key players and is expected to start Pitt transfer, Ben Dinucci at QB.
FWIW - Dinucci was a 3 star recruit from Pittsburgh suburb. http://www.nbc29.com/story/38913146/jmu ... son-opener
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Uva was expecting the dl transfer from ohio state to help fill the all the lossess. Sounds like he will not be eligible for the season. Uva is all about perkins. They will be made or broken by him. He doesnt have the defense that benkert had.

Jmu added COA which is helping them right now. I would still put them fourth and us 5th for the moment. Richmond to me peaked and we all know their ceiling. Rocco proved that and left due to lack of funding commitment etc. i def dont think they have the better team this year without lauletta.

With all the off field stuff and full fbs schollies that would bump us to me as well.

I couldnt put jmu up on odu at this point.
By Class of 20Something
Liberty22 wrote:Speaking of season preview, did they not do a hype video this year or did I miss it?
I get the feeling they're going to drop it during convo Wednesday. It's the easiest way to drum up the crowd.

I suspect whatever uniform change we get will drop this week. Try to make waves that don't have time to settle before gameday.
By Class of 20Something
badger74 wrote:Woefully thin and weak at RB. How did that happen?? LU has decent record with RBs.
Our "bell cow" of our RBBC averaged 7ypc last year. We are effectively redshirting a 3* RB and have the FCS leader in the stable waiting for his transfer penalty to finish up after this season.

Thin at accessible RB's maybe, but for the total roster they are fine.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
20something is correct. While our backs that will see the field don't exactly scream dominant, we have two very good horses ready to make an impact come spring 2019...so lighten up Francis...and remember that Mosley took a couple years before he ended up one of our top running backs last year.
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:20something is correct. While our backs that will see the field don't exactly scream dominant, we have two very good horses ready to make an impact come spring 2019...so lighten up Francis...and remember that Mosley took a couple years before he ended up one of our top running backs last year.
You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You know i was telling that to badger and agreeing with you right? Lol
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:You know i was telling that to badger and agreeing with you right? Lol
You quoted Sgt Hulka so I quoted Francis(Psycho)

Gosh guy doesn't get his own Stripes reference.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I dont watch scary movies...havent since an incident involving seeing Friday the 13th at 5 or 6 years old...and Stripes? If your referring to the White Stripes, i was a child during the 80s hair band rage

Edit: of course i wouldn't know my Stripes references...i was born the year AFTER that came out in theaters...
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:I dont watch scary movies...havent since an incident involving seeing Friday the 13th at 5 or 6 years old...and Stripes? If your referring to the White Stripes, i was a child during the 80s hair band rage

Edit: of course i wouldn't know my Stripes references...i was born the year AFTER that came out in theaters...
I was born a decade after it. It's classic Murray. You've gotta watch it. The first half at least.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]