Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Anybody going to check out the new players and the new stadium tomorrow?
Williams Stadium gates will open at 5 p.m. for the event and the team will scrimmage from 6 to 7 p.m. The event is free of charge and open to the general public. Fans attending the event will have the opportunity to preview the new pregame Flames Fan Fest event, located in the Liberty Indoor Practice Facility. Many of Liberty's traditional game day activities will be available to fans, including Kids Zone, tailgate games, and the opportunity to take pictures with Sparky and the Liberty cheerleaders.

In addition, the Sodexo concessions stands will be offering a $6.25 combo meal for all fans, which includes a hotdog, chips and a 20 oz. fountain drink.
https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... 6&teamID=9
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Depends on the weather (I don't like sitting in the rain). :rainy
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not making the trip for this one unfortunately. My cousin's son is here for the week so it's three kiddos for me...and not enough child care
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Buckshot threw 1, and I believe #4 threw a pick 6, but refs blew ball dead soon as it was picked off. But in a game it would have been returned for TD.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Stadium comments:
1. from the top row of the lower deck on the Baptist side, Snowflex is barely visible.
2. the "ribbon" scoreboard on the east side was working, but the only advertising so far is Food Lion.
3. the new Jumbotron is HUGE.
4. the "berm" is beautiful but was not used tonight.
5. the bricked archways in the south end of the stadium look so classy.
6. a small popcorn and Powerade cost $6 and change.
7. all four QBs got plenty of reps and looked good in practice.
Lewis was getting chummy with the S&C guys. (Get big young buck)

It looked like colts and raiders scouts on the sideline.

Fanfest had TV's with ESPN.

McConnell practices with the punt team as a Gunner and defending the Gunner and looked like a monster.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I dont know who 4 was but if hes anything more than walk on at qb wow, not good. The defense dominated the brief scrimmage. They were all over the receivers and through the line. No AGG of course.

I was mainly trying to see who the first team was. Lemonier looked really explosIve. Chibueze is a very large man. Pearson looks super short at DT. I mean i like 5 8 short.

I believe DE is our most talented position with wells avery lemonier and lewis heading into the season.

As for the stadium. It looks great but man there is a ways to go unfortunately.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Those of you that went, thanks for updating us with each of your take-a-ways. It has been exciting to read them as we are now less than 3 weeks away from #beatODU.

That game will be my last LU home game for a LONG time as my wife and I are moving to Montana to be apart of a church revitalization effort.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Butte, MT. I am hoping to spread some LU cheer this football season. Some of them remember the Grizz whooping up on us Woodrum's first season.
Butte, MT? Suffering for the Lord I'm sure...lol
By Ewglenn
BJWilliams wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Butte, MT. I am hoping to spread some LU cheer this football season. Some of them remember the Grizz whooping up on us Woodrum's first season.
Butte, MT? Suffering for the Lord I'm sure...lol
I’m in Sioux Falls, SD. I hope you get a good winter coat. It’s a different kind of cold lol. Good luck!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I dont know who 4 was but if hes anything more than walk on at qb wow, not good. The defense dominated the brief scrimmage. They were all over the receivers and through the line. No AGG of course.

I was mainly trying to see who the first team was. Lemonier looked really explosIve. Chibueze is a very large man. Pearson looks super short at DT. I mean i like 5 8 short.

I believe DE is our most talented position with wells avery lemonier and lewis heading into the season.

As for the stadium. It looks great but man there is a ways to go unfortunately.
Number 4 is Mason Cunningham, and no, he is not a walkon. I have a feeling Landon Brown, who IS a walkon (or was anyway) is going to win the backup QB job.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He is a JUCO transfer and really did not impress last year or in spring ball. I reckon itll be Brown with Robinson redshirting unless absolutely necessary
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Do also bear in mind that if Cunningham does get surpassed he will be third string with two players at other positions who played QB in the past

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]