Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
He's Brandon Robinson, a 6'4" QB from New Jersey, who turned down offers from both Central Michigan and Elon to come to LU.
Finished his senior year throwing for 2,038 yards, 21 touchdowns, while rushing for 409 yards and five additional touchdowns.
http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... erID=12199
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I didnt think that was cunningham. I thiught he was 8 and robinson was 14. Could be wrong. I know the roster said he is 4 but it just didnt look like him. Cunningham had decent feet and a smoother motion. If it was him thats easily the worst ive seen him in games or scrimmage

I dont know who else it could have been and after looking it had to be him. Man he looked rough. Thats dissappointing as far as qb depth goes.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Robinson I can give a bit more of a pass to...he'll have a redshirt year to develop
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I want to know if they can hit a 7-12 yard read more than a deep ball
I've said before. In scrimmages, defense showing out is usually the better indicator than the offense trouncing them. That is what we got. What we saw was the defense was willing to put us in position to get some turnovers this season.

If that translates to real games, these games against teams like Troy, UNT, and UVA could be within reach. Turnover margin will be the deciding factor.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Most importantly, in this offense, how quickly can he get rid of a screen pass to a press covered WR while running for his life?

Also, the deep ball is pretty important. We are going to need the occasional home run when we can’t sustain drives.
Two words...scramble drill. I've been watching videos of college football on YouTube of late and in every highlight of a QB running for his life, it ends with them throwing a strike to an open receiver for a first down or touchdown. The reason that happens is said press covered receiver knows to break off his route and figure out a way to get open.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]