Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Jonathan Carone
“I expect our fans to see our guys compete hard every single play. A hard working physical football team. And we’ll let God take care of the results.” - Turner Gill

It’s the first day and he’s already in mid season form with the uninspiring vanilla talk with bad theological references to God.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Yeah VMIs mantra was they always wanted to be competitive too

Not a good start to FBS

Gonna be a long year.

Hope I’m wrong.
By Class of 20Something
A Sea of Red wrote:Training camp preview: Offense

http://www.aseaofred.com/training-camp-preview-offense/
I adore trench football and it sounds like we have put our best foot forward to have success there. I've seen many teams lose one guy on the line and fall apart, that doesn't sound like it can happen to us when you're 8-9 deep on the lines. Hopefully we can use the pass to establish the run early and keep defenses guessing.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
It all sounds good but as ive said before. Lets see if the additions can play on the lines especially. Wells and avery can play and i would expect lemonier to be immediate impact. As for elefante and pearson... they had 1 or 2 other offers combined. I like cater beadles Lewis and most all the new ol but its really difficult to be an impact frosh on the lines. Losing mitchell doesnt help. He actually showed promise last year. He just needed strength and conditioning and experience. Dline success and maybe the whole d will be determined by how effective hurtado elefante and pearson are. We know the other 3 previously can play but they need help up the middle.

Its not exact but it is very telling. The vast majority of our impact players were multi offer guys such as buckshot agg king duff wells avery peters etc. We will see how that translates this year.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:“I expect our fans to see our guys compete hard every single play. A hard working physical football team. And we’ll let God take care of the results.” - Turner Gill

It’s the first day and he’s already in mid season form with the uninspiring vanilla talk with bad theological references to God.
:D

God be the glory!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The backup quarterback position is where the real competition comes into play. Junior Mason Cunningham, redshirt-freshman Landon Brown, and true freshman Brandon “Pop” Robinson will battle it out for the opportunity to be Buckshot’s backup.
Who was freshman QB who came in the spring semester before Buckshot? Is he still on the team, or did he transfer out?
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Cider Jim wrote:
The backup quarterback position is where the real competition comes into play. Junior Mason Cunningham, redshirt-freshman Landon Brown, and true freshman Brandon “Pop” Robinson will battle it out for the opportunity to be Buckshot’s backup.
Who was freshman QB who came in the spring semester before Buckshot? Is he still on the team, or did he transfer out?
Rud Yearick, who switched from QB to WR this summer as we mentioned in our Media Day Recap
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I agree definitely with thos quote right here from the roundtable:

Evan Nester wrote:
My recommendation for Liberty fans would be to prepare for the worst, but expect the best

This likely is going to be a long season for us, much like it was for just about every other I-AA/FCS team that made the jump. It could still have quite a few special and historic moments too. All that said, we cannot lose heart, especially given the young fanbase that has only known winning seasons as someone else noted.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Also, while not part of the round table, I will say that Calvert resets the single season passing yardage record this year.
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:Also, while not part of the round table, I will say that Calvert resets the single season passing yardage record this year.
Against FBS defenses!
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I am with BJ on this one. There are to many factors that will help Buckshot yet again have a record breaking season. 1. That wide-receiving corps is better than last year. 2. The tight end play will be better and more active in the passing game. 3. Playing an extra game never hurts either.

Buck could actually throw for less yards a game than last year and still break his own record due to the 12th game. Now, throwing for more touchdowns than he did last year could be a little more difficult, but it can happen.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I am with BJ on this one. There are to many factors that will help Buckshot yet again have a record breaking season. 1. That wide-receiving corps is better than last year. 2. The tight end play will be better and more active in the passing game. 3. Playing an extra game never hurts either.

Buck could actually throw for less yards a game than last year and still break his own record due to the 12th game. Now, throwing for more touchdowns than he did last year could be a little more difficult, but it can happen.
Being behind and having to pass most of the time, won't hurt his passing attempts/receptions, etc. Unfortunately, most of the time the team that passes the most, also looses the game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully we can run ball better this season, which will help passing game. With that being said, we need to open up the offense. If we run on 1st and 2nd down for little or no gain, and then face 3rd and long, it will not be good.
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]