Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
We have too many returning on O to not improve, and our D Line injuries and no depth killed us at all levels of the defense last year - looks like we should be much better there, secondary solid and LB the main question mark but if your D Line is good, makes LB a much easier position to play. We should have expectations of beating NM, NMSU, UMass, ODU based on talent level and even Army talent level though they will hammer us with their style - Troy, Auburn, UVA will have better talent - N TX may not on paper, but very well coached. IF we were having to shore up our O Line rather than our D Line with a bunch of new faces - I would predict 0 wins against FBS - but returning what we do on O strictly from a talent level - we don’t have a lot of excuses - whether we game plan to maximize our talent ( like we did at Baylor ) or “try” to establish the run on 1st and second down against every defense just to prove we are “physical” ( ugh ) is yet to be seen...
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
PIckett taking the reigns at rb. Think that is a good thing and something i thought would happen since he committed.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:PIckett taking the reigns at rb. Think that is a good thing and something i thought would happen since he committed.
I didn´t get that from what TG said. Yes he singled out Pickett for praise, but he also said the entire RB group has been ¨very, very impressive¨. The other player he singled out, Wilson, is almost certainly not going to start at corner, although he will play. I expect to see us use 3 or 4 RBs for at least the first few weeks, and I´ll be surprised if any one back gets as many as a dozen carries a game.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
jinxy wrote:PIckett taking the reigns at rb. Think that is a good thing and something i thought would happen since he committed.
I didn´t get that from what TG said. Yes he singled out Pickett for praise, but he also said the entire RB group has been ¨very, very impressive¨. The other player he singled out, Wilson, is almost certainly not going to start at corner, although he will play. I expect to see us use 3 or 4 RBs for at least the first few weeks, and I´ll be surprised if any one back gets as many as a dozen carries a game.
I didn't get that either oldflame...I think Hickson probably will still be the #1, but Pickett could have moved himself into the #2 spot or as the secondary back in two back sets with his improved performance as noted.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
My info didnt come from just TG quotes. Never has. Obviously, others will get carries. Thats a duh in any offense on any team. I still firmly believe he will be leading rusher barring injury.
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]