Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ewglenn
I know over on the CSSNBS site we’ve talked a lot about our game day traditions and I think I’ve got a decent idea.

Just a thought:

Capacity after the expansion will be 25k. We have a huge military enrollment (I was in the AF). What if we did something outside the norm. What if we placed one seat in the stadium that is never to be used. We make it a POW seat and we classify that we never get a sellout because our POW seat remains empty. It would put us at a capacity of 25,001, one seat larger than JMU, and would be something that would separate us from other colleges. On top of that it would bring a lot of exposure on ESPN for Veterans Day and be something that would be a great tribute to the military.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-795573-post-1 ... id15415134
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I would love something like that. Especially with the high military enrollment you mentioned (thank you for your service btw), and things like Military Appreciation Day and the George Rogers Award and Military Emphasis Week among other things...that would be an outstanding opportunity
By Ewglenn
BJWilliams wrote:I would love something like that. Especially with the high military enrollment you mentioned (thank you for your service btw), and things like Military Appreciation Day and the George Rogers Award and Military Emphasis Week among other things...that would be an outstanding opportunity
I feel like it would be different but would fit the model of the university. Image if game day ever did come to town they would be like:

“VT vs Liberty in front of an almost sold out stadium (switching camera from packed stadium to the roped off seat) but there is one person missing. (Then a Tom Rinaldi piece about that seat)”

I just feel like it would be such an easy thing and would be talked about A LOT. Thank you!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:What if we placed one seat in the stadium that is never to be used. We make it a POW seat
LU already has a POW seat. It's a chairback seat on the main concourse on the Baptist side.
By Ewglenn
Cider Jim wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:What if we placed one seat in the stadium that is never to be used. We make it a POW seat
LU already has a POW seat. It's a chairback seat on the main concourse on the Baptist side.
I didn’t know that. They should place it at the main entrance. Anyone have a picture of it?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Our tradition should revolve around fire/flames. Think LA Coliseum Olympic cauldron. 8)
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
I didn’t know that. They should place it at the main entrance. Anyone have a picture of it?
There are no seats at the main entrance, just the berm. The "old" main entrance (prior to this expansion) is where the POW seat is with a plaque, on the concourse with the handicapped seating.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
https://twitter.com/LibertyMil

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Last edited by PAmedic on August 5th, 2018, 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Eagle. Release an Eagle
Or a huge replica Liberty Bell that you run onto the field like Purdue’s big drum
Or a Burning Man every Friday night
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:Eagle. Release an Eagle
Or a huge replica Liberty Bell that you run onto the field like Purdue’s big drum

Your second option is not a bad idea. As I stated in CSNBBS fan the flames thread, The Go-Flames-Go chant should be extended a little bit. After saying go Flames go three times(I believe it’s 3x), the crowd should say “gooo Flames, light ‘em up!!!” Now imagine hearing a packed crowd screaming this at the bill. It may be cheesy but that about every school’s chants. What do you guys thing?
By cruzan_flame13
Jonathan Carone wrote:The quicker we can get away from “light em up” the better.
Why’s that? Not like it can make what we have any worse than what it is.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:The quicker we can get away from “light em up” the better.
So you don’t like my Burning Man idea? It’s also very Old Testamenty
By Old Red
I think having a cheer that ends with us spelling out L-I-B-E-R-T-Y would be a good addition.
It could be at the end of go-flames-go, or part of an original cheer.
I’ve been in Death Valley several times when the whole stadium is cheering C-L-E-M-S-O-N (at the end of the Tiger Rag) & it’s impressive.
With all the new things starting year (in all sports) it would be a great time to try some stuff out. If the crowds like it, they’ll quickly get behind it.
By Ewglenn
I love the POW seat. I feel like they should move it to behind the berm to where it is noticeable by everyone.
By Class of 20Something
Old Red wrote:I think having a cheer that ends with us spelling out L-I-B-E-R-T-Y would be a good addition.
It could be at the end of go-flames-go, or part of an original cheer.
I’ve been in Death Valley several times when the whole stadium is cheering C-L-E-M-S-O-N (at the end of the Tiger Rag) & it’s impressive.
With all the new things starting year (in all sports) it would be a great time to try some stuff out. If the crowds like it, they’ll quickly get behind it.
Nah, then I can't congratulate the Eagles for their spelling prowess.

Long shot. I want the tower bells to play the sports center da-da-da da-da-da after every score.

They're going to have to get better fireworks this year to clear over that massive screen.

An eagle launch from the monogram would be sweet, we have the video capability to make it look amazing too. Get crazy and put a live stream GoPro on the eagle.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I love the eagle idea, but the AF Academy does a falcon and Auburn does an eagle as well. The Liberty Bell is a pretty good idea too, but I still like lighting a flame better.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts

I absolutely LOVE Purple's first 2 ideas (the third one, not so much). A ringing Liberty Bell sound should happen sometime, like on third down or something.
Last edited by Cider Jim on August 5th, 2018, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
For reference

[youtube]JuI21Ui-gWE[/youtube]
By cruzan_flame13
We sure need some other chants during the game. It would be great for the crowd to be more involved in the game than their cell phones. It may be difficult but trying wouldn’t hurt.
By Jonathan Carone
You gotta update that to including Trump asking everyone to stand and put their hand over their heart for the national anthem.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:

Yes, I saw it last week when I was checking out construction.
By CCWMichael
Light e'm up ROCKS!
Fits Flames
Light e'm up with Christianity
Some stoner will catch to it and who knows mabye take an interest in who we are
Some kids pretending to be at at football stadium yelling "go Tigers" verseus" light e'm up" Implies action and kicking some arse.

Light e'm up from a marketing standpoint works very well, imho.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]