Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
I'm just to remind everyone that in two months, we will have WINS over ODU and UNT and be 3-1 on the season and it won't matter any more.

But to your question, sure, maybe a better team performance against a better team, but I think our offense was stronger in the BU game and obviously for publicity, better to defeat a P5 team than narrowly loose.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No such thing as a "moral victory" when you lose. Close only counts in horse shoes (and hand grenades).
By Class of 20Something
Cider Jim wrote:No such thing as a "moral victory" when you lose. Close only counts in horse shoes (and hand grenades).
What about the Holy Hand Grenade? That thing is super finicky.
By Jonathan Carone
BuryYourDuke wrote:Was the Wake Forest performance in Gill’s first game as head coach (a 3 point loss where we led in the 4th) actually more impressive than beating Baylor?
Wake was a better coaching job.

Baylor was more impressive.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
The win over Baylor was much more impressive IMHO. I think TG did a good job changing QB's in the middle of the WF game though. Made the game much closer than it probably would have been otherwise.
Unfortunately, the high point of our entire football history, was followed by one of the worst seasons/coaching jobs ever. TG should have been fired before he left the field after the Saint Francis debacle. The KSU and JSU games were almost as bad. They were both good teams, but we didn't even look like we belonged on the same field with them. Those performances were embarrassing.

If I understand this correctly, starting July 1st,[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]