Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure. I'd have to look at the uniform history prior to my arrival in 2002 but I reckon he doesn't want us to have a billion different helmet and uniform combinations so that will play into the design
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:From what I understand we have one new set this season that has already been selected. I hope it's the white set that got the makeover
Racist :D
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:From what I understand we have one new set this season that has already been selected. I hope it's the white set that got the makeover
Racist :D
You caught me
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Would like to see us get some kind of metallic-colored helmet. I believe some kind of unusual/unique type looking uniforms would bring us some more attention. It would be helpful for recognition purposes, since we are independent and new FBS members. We can always go back to more traditional later.
Since we are not going to win many games until we have a coaching change, we might as well look good getting our butts kicked. 8)
By cruzan_flame13
flameshaw wrote:Would like to see us get some kind of metallic-colored helmet. I believe some kind of unusual/unique type looking uniforms would bring us some more attention. It would be helpful for recognition purposes, since we are independent and new FBS members. We can always go back to more traditional later.
Since we are not going to win many games until we have a coaching change, we might as well look good getting our butts kicked. 8)

Ha! Well can’t say this isn’t true :lol: . Consider this; a metallic helmet that expose a flame pattern when any light hits it.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
The helmets are what need the most attention. I like all 3 pants and the red jerseys and white jerseys. Also like the matte helmet. Hateee the blue jersey especially the shoulder stripes and the white and blue helmets.

I would love to see a white matte helmet with the logo in red or the same as the red matte in blue.

I dont mind some metallic but im not sure our logo is conducive to it.
By Ewglenn
jinxy wrote:The helmets are what need the most attention. I like all 3 pants and the red jerseys and white jerseys. Also like the matte helmet. Hateee the blue jersey especially the shoulder stripes and the white and blue helmets.

I would love to see a white matte helmet with the logo in red or the same as the red matte in blue.

I dont mind some metallic but im not sure our logo is conducive to it.
The white helmet is my favorite.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Why helmets? LU should be trend setters! Experts say the chance of concussions would actually DECREASE if players no longer wore helmets!
We tend to wear the LU logo helmets on the road. I wish he had the screamin eagle on all three.

I agree that the blue jersey needs the most work.

I do think we should always be in Red jerseys at the Bill.
By cruzan_flame13
If we can get chrome helmets in red and blue; that would be pretty nice. I also would rather our mascot features on some jerseys in the future. Don’t we have someone who can design some ideas and still keep it traditional?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I will always be partial to how Rocco did it. Blue on blue at home for most games. Red on white for homecoming and/or a big game. White on white on the road.
This I agree with. The 50th anniversary of the school and of the football program are both very quickly approaching and I'd love to see something special for that, and not let it be lost in a sea of alternates designed to make us look cool for high school football players
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I will always be partial to how Rocco did it. Blue on blue at home for most games.
What did JB used to say? "Be early, wear red..." (unless you are the FB team). :wink:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:I will always be partial to how Rocco did it. Blue on blue at home for most games. Red on white for homecoming and/or a big game. White on white on the road.
This I agree with. The 50th anniversary of the school and of the football program are both very quickly approaching and I'd love to see something special for that, and not let it be lost in a sea of alternates designed to make us look cool for high school football players
Yeah, no reason to do anything that would be cool or attract high school football players. We don't need them. :roll:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
What I mean is that an alternate uniform ought to have some level of significance to it. Like I said, the 50th anniversary of the school and the football program are both coming soon. I think having an alternate (or some alteration thereof), would be a great idea, but not if it simply is another uniform out of a boatload of combinations
By Jonathan Carone
Class of 20Something wrote:
jinxy wrote:I dont understand all the blue at home when we market red and the sea of red etc.
And this my support for reds only at home.
I’ve never understood this argument given that every other sport wears white at home and it’s no big deal.

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]