Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Jonathan Carone wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
jinxy wrote:I dont understand all the blue at home when we market red and the sea of red etc.
And this my support for reds only at home.
I’ve never understood this argument given that every other sport wears white at home and it’s no big deal.
Because white is boring and our THIRD color after Red and Blue.
By Jonathan Carone
I’m not suggesting white at home. I’m just saying it confuses me that everyone doesn’t think twice about wearing red as a fan and the team wearing white in every other sport but they question why the football team wears something other than red at home.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Because our athletic department has only promoted football and it is all most students care about. The other sports may as well not exist to most students.

Just sayin...
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: The other sports may as well not exist to most students.
With all due respect, have you ever been to an LU hockey game? Play Hockey
Cider Jim wrote:
thepostman wrote: The other sports may as well not exist to most students.
With all due respect, have you ever been to an LU hockey game? Play Hockey
No kidding. Check out a midnight hockey game this season. You'll see well over the 3000 seat capacity.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Good point but the athletic department doesn't care about club hockey which was more what I was focusing on.
And makes your point
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I pay very little attention to uniform color. I have seen some teams get "hung up" on uniforms, to the point to where it affected their play on the field. Just win, and uniforms will take care of themselves.

Alabama has a very conservative uniform/helmet combination. Results on field are pretty good.
ballcoach15 wrote:I pay very little attention to uniform color. I have seen some teams get "hung up" on uniforms, to the point to where it affected their play on the field. Just win, and uniforms will take care of themselves.

Alabama has a very conservative uniform/helmet combination. Results on field are pretty good.
And he's back, folks.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I pay very little attention to uniform color. I have seen some teams get "hung up" on uniforms, to the point to where it affected their play on the field. Just win, and uniforms will take care of themselves.

And he's back, folks.
Yeah. Causation and Correlation are lost on him
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts

. . . and Penn State . . the rest are Oregon or Oregon wannabes.
By amar0819
Only thing I'd like them to bring back is the cursive writing of Flames on the side of the helmet similar to how Florida has Gators on theirs. Add that keep the blue/red homes and players always loved the white on white aways!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
amar0819 wrote:Only thing I'd like them to bring back is the cursive writing of Flames on the side of the helmet
What years did we have that?
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
I also love the cursive script "Liberty" on the helmet. I know Baseball has been the only team to use it in recent history. I think with the amazing folks we have in house, they could customize a few times a season to pay honor to the history of the program. It would be neat to see different games with a different helmet.
By CCWMichael
Chippy wrote:

. . . and Penn State . . the rest are Oregon or Oregon wannabes.
Residing close to State College PA I go with tradition rocks ... rock steady ... sends a message your not wishy washy.
I just prefer RED jerseys at home and if the helmet changes so be it, but go traditional.
Be Early -- Be Loud -- Wear RED! only fits the script
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kolzilla41 wrote:I also love the cursive script "Liberty" on the helmet. I know Baseball has been the only team to use it in recent history. I think with the amazing folks we have in house, they could customize a few times a season to pay honor to the history of the program. It would be neat to see different games with a different helmet.

Basketball wore throwback unis with the cursive Liberty at least 2 or 3 times this year.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]