Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I read this on another message board and hope it is accurate:
FYI, this bowl is among the last bowls in the AAC pecking order. It has only been filled by the AAC once in three years. The first year, the bowl had to go out and get San Jose State, and last year had to get WKU, since the AAC was unable to fill bowl.

With the AAC having 8 tie ins for 12 teams currently, not including a potential NY6 bid, it's likely and almost certain that this bowl will go unfilled by AAC at least once over the next 2 years.

The Sun Belt has filled it's slot every year. You would be playing a Sun Belt team.
https://csnbbs.com/thread-853248.html
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:That is great news!
Trifecta!

1) It could actually happen.
2) It would be winnable.
3) A bowl win over a SBC team would be oh, so sweeeeeet!
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
Sorry if I'm asking a question that has already be answered.. but I was under the impression that a transition team was ineligible for postseason during there first year being a part of the FBS?!?! For example the App state and or Georgia sounthern teams that had great records and started that online protest campaign to get a chance to go. Did the rules change to allow them to use last season as the FBS transition and the FCS no post season eligibility simultaneously? :shock:
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:That is great news!
Trifecta!

2) It would be winnable.
4) Orlando, FL
By Ewglenn
jlread wrote:Sorry if I'm asking a question that has already be answered.. but I was under the impression that a transition team was ineligible for postseason during there first year being a part of the FBS?!?! For example the App state and or Georgia sounthern teams that had great records and started that online protest campaign to get a chance to go. Did the rules change to allow them to use last season as the FBS transition and the FCS no post season eligibility simultaneously? :shock:
Yes there was a change. 2018 we would be the absolute last option. Every 6-6 team would need to be selected and then we would go. 2019 we would just need the aac or sbc to not fill enough slots. At least that was my understanding.
By Class of 20Something
http://www.ncaapublications.com/product ... s/D117.pdf

2016-2017 NCAA Guidelines Page 302 18.7.2.1.4
18.7.2.1.4 Exception—Insufficient Number of Eligible Institutions. [FBS] For a period of four
years beginning August 2, 2012, if an insufficient number of institutions meet the definition of a “deserving
team” pursuant to Bylaw 18.7.2.1 to participate in postseason bowl games in a particular year, an institution
that meets a condition set forth below shall be eligible to be selected to participate in such a bowl game. A
particular bowl game may benefit from this provision only one time within the four-year period. All institu-
tions that meet the first condition must be selected before an institution that meets the second condition
may be selected, and so forth, in descending order: (Adopted: 8/2/12, Revised: 5/2/13)
(a) An institution that would have met the exception in Bylaw 18.7.2.1.1 but for the fact that one vic-
tory was against a Football Championship Subdivision opponent that had not averaged 90 percent
of the permissible maximum number of grants-in-aid per year in football during a rolling two-year
period and the institution’s waiver request, per Bylaw 18.7.2.1.1.1, was denied.
(b) An institution that has won a number of games against Football Bowl Subdivision opponents and
two Football Championship Subdivision opponents that together is equal to or greater than the
number of its overall losses.
(c) An institution that participated in 13 regular-season contests and finished the season with a record
of six wins and seven losses.
(d) An institution that is in its final year of reclassification from the Football Championship Subdivision
to the Football Bowl Subdivision and meets the definition of a “deserving team” pursuant to Bylaw
18.7.2.1 or the exception in Bylaw 18.7.2.1.1.
(e) An institution that finished its season with a minimum of five wins and a maximum of seven losses
but achieved a top-five Academic Progress Rate in the Football Bowl Subdivision for the most recent
reporting year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: Trifecta!

2) It would be winnable.
That's what I'm talking about! :pbjtime :clapping
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]