Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ewglenn
For attendance purposes what do you think would be the best case scenario for home attendance for a season. The rules are only one P5 school and only one FCS team.

My list: (BYU counts for P5)

P5: VT
G5: ODU, Navy, Army and ECU
FCS: JMU
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Coming up next, Stephen A. Smith argues why Ryan Leaf is the greatest QB of all time.
By Ewglenn
jbock13 wrote:Coming up next, Stephen A. Smith argues why Ryan Leaf is the greatest QB of all time.
You must be the Brian of you friend groups.
By Class of 20Something
Ewglenn wrote:For attendance purposes what do you think would be the best case scenario for home attendance for a season. The rules are only one P5 school and only one FCS team.

My list: (BYU counts for P5)

P5: VT
G5: ODU, Navy, Army and ECU
FCS: JMU
We will absolutely not be scheduling JMU unless they're FBS.

P5:VT
G5: ODU, UMass, AppSt, ECU
FCS: CSU

VT and ODU for obvious reasons. UMass is going to quickly develop into the closest thing to a conference opponent over the next decade. AppSt and ECU for visiting travel. CSU for familiar team that isn't a dumpster fire and won't beat us.

Btw 2022 Schedule breaks your rules. Hosting BYU and VT.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach will never make it. :oldhag Crybaby
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I seem to recall posting about playing SEC schools, immediately after we went FBS. I almost got banned from board. Shortly after that, Auburn was on 2018 schedule.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I seem to recall posting about playing SEC schools, immediately after we went FBS. I almost got banned from board. Shortly after that, Auburn was on 2018 schedule.
Because you talked about Alabama coming to Lynchburg You went on and on about how they’d come here and LU didn’t need to go there. It was then we started doubting your ‘Sources’
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I seem to recall posting about playing SEC schools, immediately after we went FBS. I almost got banned from board. Shortly after that, Auburn was on 2018 schedule.
You stated we would be playing an SEC school at home. Calm yourself.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:We will play a SEC school at home someday. When, I do not know.
Vandy, Mizzou, Kentucky, and maybe South Carolina may happen in the 10-20 year time frame. I wouldn't expect anyone higher than that though.
By Ewglenn
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:We will play a SEC school at home someday. When, I do not know.
Vandy, Mizzou, Kentucky, and maybe South Carolina may happen in the 10-20 year time frame. I wouldn't expect anyone higher than that though.
I went to USC but they rarely do away games at anything less than P5. They sign an agreement, get the home games, then buy out the away game. Ask ECU how many times it’s happened. App St will be next.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Its not really risky. All it takes is one and someone that likes jr, mccaw, head coach whoever that may be and they call in a favor. Im sure it will happen just like all the other stuff that everyone said wouldnt happen or couldnt happen has happened.

Now if you want to talk about winning thats a different story.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I heard rumors that we were close to having one of CJ's alma maters come to Lynchburg. I am not sure if that was strictly conjecture or whether it came close. It is also possible that it could still be worked. Obviously any SEC visits would be considered long shots based on our current situation. But we move closer every day.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Having Marshall or Ole Miss come here would be a dream come true. :pray
By cruzan_flame13
“If it’s Christian, then it should be better.”
~Alan York

Apparently that doesn’t include coaching in some areas(that one was for flameshaw 8) )

Anyways, LU could make these schools an offer that they can’t refuse. Then again pride can take over business opportunities.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:“If it’s Christian, then it should be better.”
~Jerry Falwell

Apparently that doesn’t include coaching in some areas(that one was for flameshaw 8) )

Anyways, LU could make these schools an offer that they can’t refuse. Then again pride can take over business opportunities.
FIFY
Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]