Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This just in. RB coach Ron Brown has announced his resignation to ¨pursue other opportunities¨. He will be replaced by former Flame´s QB/WR Mike Brown. I for one have been hoping Mike would eventually return to the Mountain as a coach, but I frankly didn´t think it would be this soon. I´m pretty jacked about it, and I know I´m not alone in that sentement. :pbjtime

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 3&teamID=9
By cruzan_flame13
Funny thing is that I was looking at his Football Foundation website and wondered if we would see more of him. He was our quarterback when I went to LU so glad to see him involve. The fact that he had an opportunity with the NFL could help us gain more interest from prospects.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
MB is a good add but losing RB is a tough blow. Great communicator that commanded attention. Smart move for Ron though. I think mike could be a great asset if he can recruit.
By cruzan_flame13
jinxy wrote:MB is a good add but losing RB is a tough blow. Great communicator that commanded attention. Smart move for Ron though. I think mike could be a great asset if he can recruit.
The main importance that MB has is that he can relate more to the players. These guys needs a guy who’s been here and done what they are(or will be doing). These players also have dreams of going pro and Mike has done that. MB can really create a different prospective which can motivate the boys to work harder. That mentality can really change the outcome on the field, even against games which may look like a loss at the moment.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Ron Brown is a man's man and God's man. His leading by example, modeling a godly character, and enthusiasm for the game and for life will be missed. My very best to him and my best wishes for a successful coaching career for Mike Brown. He is definitely one of ours and brings a different dimension to the coaching staff. Go Flames!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Excited to have Mike back! He's one of the best we've ever had and represents us so well.

Ron Brown left to go back to Nebraska.
That’s what I was thinking
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
If I recall, when Ron left Nebraska there was a good bit of controversy and pushback from the campus SJWs regarding his faith based stance on some issues. It will be interesting to see if having the support of Scott Frost, whom pretty much everyone there is looking to be the Messiah of NE football, will be enough to keep those voices silent.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:If I recall, when Ron left Nebraska there was a good bit of controversy and pushback from the campus SJWs regarding his faith based stance on some issues. It will be interesting to see if having the support of Scott Frost, whom pretty much everyone there is looking to be the Messiah of NE football, will be enough to keep those voices silent.
Absolutely. Recapturing their old glory is ALL that matters.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It was WIU. Having been to Macomb, I can understand why he was more than willing to come back to Central Virginia. Are you with me, Mallet?
By Class of 20Something
So, this might belong in the next football coach thread, but I feel like Mike's seat is safe even if there is a HC change. Regardless of who gets brought in, the powers that be want him as an ambassador. That's at least my thoughts.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I knew there was a Mike Brown on staff at Western Illinois. I wondered if it was him. WI has a heavy Virginia feel to their staff. Dave Rocco is offensive coordinator. Josh Zindenburg is on staff and 1 or 2 more with ties to Virginia I think.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I had no idea that Mike had coached on Harbaugh's staff. Love him or hate him, the training MB got at Michigan will help the Flames and sitting under Harbaugh will atleast help MB rock the khaki look too!

I for one am stoked that MB is back. I would not be surprised when Joe Dailey leaves for a head coaching job or a OC at a bigger school that MB gets a serious look at OC for us. I think MB will be a great recruiter for us and apparently Mike is good at film study which always helps!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Dailey leaves for a higher job?? That would require us being good on offense consistently. Maybe you didnt see st francis game last year or several others.

Again mike should be a good hire IF he can recruit. He has 1 year of recruiting experience. I would think he could do it but we would have to see it.

At this point dearmon is further along than MB if a change was made in terms of who would stay. Certainly both could stay but kyle has shocked me how well he has recruited and how much the players like him. I think MB can do it as well but he hasnt had the chance to yet.
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]