Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
king and jackson have been in trouble multiple times and suspended at least twice. Jackson especially should be getting in booted territory. Seems like espinoza may have been suspended once too.

Wells susprises me the most and hurts the most.
Class of 20Something wrote:
flameshaw wrote:Aren't King and Wells supposed to be captains? smh
Different King.
You fail flameshaw...smh
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
As far as I can see, the only suspension that really hurts is Wells missing the entire first half. Great opportunity for Lemonier to show what he´s got, and we might have to burn one of Lewis´4 redshirt games. We´ll be fine at Spur and slot. It really doesn´t look like the ¨surprises¨in the depth chart had anything to do with these suspensions.
BJWilliams wrote:Old enough to know a fail when i see one...and yes i know that was a rhetorical question oldflame
Well played
Not exactly sure what these suspensions are about but it can be taken two ways:
1. Strong leadership by Coach Gill trying to instill some discipline in a team with 30 new players.
2. Terribly undisciplined and selfish players who can't make it through a training camp putting the team first.

If this were a new staff trying to instill direction and discipline in a group of guys they inherited and did not recruit it can be taken one way. The fact that this is a veteran staff with years to set the tone for the program and these are players that they recruited who they now have to suspend in arguably the biggest game in program history to date?

Not very impressive....
I agree I’m glad we are enforcing rules. That’s what we expect out of Gill and it’s one of his better qualities.

It’s concerning guys don’t have the discipline, buy in, and/or respect to show up to meetings and practice on time.
Jonathan Carone wrote:I agree I’m glad we are enforcing rules. That’s what we expect out of Gill and it’s one of his better qualities.

It’s concerning guys don’t have the discipline, buy in, and/or respect to show up to meetings and practice on time.
You see it at every level and in every Sport. As a coach it’s frustrating
One thing to look for tonight is gimmick kickoffs. The reason practice ran long on Thursday was to practice different types of kickoffs (squib, line drive, etc) since the backup can’t kick through the end zone.

Also - anything outside of 35 yard field goals will be four down territory probably.
Was just wondering about that, pictures look pretty cloudy. It’ll be rough if we can’t utilize AGG/Calvert as much as we would like. That in addition to injury to Probert and the suspensions has me feeling far more uneasy about this. It’ll hurt crowd size too which is no bueno.
On the tower cam you see a good many students heading away from the stadium and back toward the dorms...

edit. now the flow is reversing as they are letting folks back in the stadium.
Last edited by ALAFlamesFan on September 1st, 2018, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:On the tower cam you see a good many students heading away from the stadium and back toward the dorms...
That’s cause they’ve shut the gates for safety and aren’t allowing anyone else in right now
Sly Fox wrote:I nominate Haize & CJ for the Concessions Report. They seem to be all over this component of the experience.
I ate at the House of Flames, directly by Section 117. The offer wings in 10 or 12 different sauces as well as fresh cut fries that you can put toppings on. There is a rumor of a $10 refillable cup with $1 refills but could not find it.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

UVA playing against a mid-pack MEAC team is their […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]