Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

I just got one of those "Rise with Us" mailers today. According to that, the single game ticket prices are listed below:

ODU = $30 - $70
All other FBS games = $25 - $70
FCS games = $20 - $70
Cider Jim wrote:I just got one of those "Rise with Us" mailers today. According to that, the single game ticket prices are listed below:

ODU = $30 - $70
All other FBS games = $25 - $70
FCS games = $20 - $70
It also says single game tickets for club, west premium, west reserve are only available to flames club members. Add another $60.
When we played Villanova a few years ago in the playoffs, we drove from NC to the game and back in the same day. Got home about 3 a.m. and sat in the rain the whole game. Unfortunately, we blew that game. Had it won and got out-coached and out-executed, so it was a very long ride home.

I travel 3 hours each way and haven't missed a home game in donkey's years. I was planning on going to the Army game this year, but just can't stand to go all that way to watch the defensive debacle that we are most likely to deliver. Would love the atmosphere and pageantry. If we had a new coach, I would be going for sure.

I will be at the ODU game, in the AD's suite. :). Have had season tickets in Club seating, since it opened. It is very nice, but they are going to get pricey in a couple of years I suspect. Will be interesting to see how this game plays out, not sure what to expect, but I would be very surprised if we win it.

We are going to have to have significant improvement with the on-field product, or I may become a TV only fan in the next couple of years. Hard to drive 6 hours to watch us lose to St. Francis, et al. Not going to do that too many more times. It is going to be very hard to fill all those new seats unless we have a winning team and there is zero chance of that happening with the current leadership.

Please Lort. 8)
flameshaw wrote:When we played Villanova a few years ago in the playoffs, we drove from NC to the game and back in the same day. Got home about 3 a.m. and sat in the rain the whole game. Unfortunately, we blew that game. Had it won and got out-coached and out-executed, so it was a very long ride home.

I travel 3 hours each way and haven't missed a home game in donkey's years. I was planning on going to the Army game this year, but just can't stand to go all that way to watch the defensive debacle that we are most likely to deliver. Would love the atmosphere and pageantry. If we had a new coach, I would be going for sure.

I will be at the ODU game, in the AD's suite. :). Have had season tickets in Club seating, since it opened. It is very nice, but they are going to get pricey in a couple of years I suspect. Will be interesting to see how this game plays out, not sure what to expect, but I would be very surprised if we win it.

We are going to have to have significant improvement with the on-field product, or I may become a TV only fan in the next couple of years. Hard to drive 6 hours to watch us lose to St. Francis, et al. Not going to do that too many more times. It is going to be very hard to fill all those new seats unless we have a winning team and there is zero chance of that happening with the current leadership.

Please Lort. 8)
Here's what our P5 neighbor offers for club access. They get 2 seats for what we pay for 6.

http://www.hokietickets.com/clubseats/
By pca0711
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:We must be desperate for a crowd for this game. Faculty/staff tickets are now $5.
I don't think that is true at all. Every year Faculy/Staff have been provided a deal to at least one game.
pca0711 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:We must be desperate for a crowd for this game. Faculty/staff tickets are now $5.
I don't think that is true at all. Every year Faculy/Staff have been provided a deal to at least one game.
Jonathan is your sister's name Debbie by any chance? :lol:

[youtube]TfE93xON8jk[/youtube]
pca0711 wrote:Every year Faculy/Staff have been provided a deal to at least one game.
Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day is Nov. 24 (also Military Appreciation Day)

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 1&teamID=9
TH Spangler wrote:
pca0711 wrote:
Jonathan is your sister's name Debbie by any chance? :lol:
I just don't like bad decisions by University Marketing and people outside of athletics making a negative impact on the athletic department. I want the people we hire to run athletics to actually be able to do their job because when left to do it on their own, they're all actually really good at it.
Cider Jim wrote:
pca0711 wrote:Every year Faculy/Staff have been provided a deal to at least one game.
Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day is Nov. 24 (also Military Appreciation Day)

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 1&teamID=9
And faculty/staff get in free that day. For that game, it actually makes sense to do discounts or free tickets because it's 1) an opponent no one cares about and 2) when the students aren't there.
TH Spangler wrote:
flameshaw wrote:When we played Villanova a few years ago in the playoffs, we drove from NC to the game and back in the same day. Got home about 3 a.m. and sat in the rain the whole game. Unfortunately, we blew that game. Had it won and got out-coached and out-executed, so it was a very long ride home.

Please Lort. 8)
Here's what our P5 neighbor offers for club access. They get 2 seats for what we pay for 6.

http://www.hokietickets.com/clubseats/
Kinda like apples and oranges. Don't think we have had the success, product or prestige of our neighbor. Our tickets are still a retaliative bargain, based on the benefits. However, our on-field product is not going to be much to look at for at least another 3 years. (That will be delayed further if the coaching staff doesn't change after this year).
I am not complaining about the prices at all. However, I won't continue to drive to games if the on-field product doesn't improve dramatically and quickly.
thepostman wrote:They offer a military discount
Thanks, but ballcoach never has to buy a ticket.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
For quite a while, I ponied up big bucks at the club level, but got a bit to familiar with some of the wrangling behind the scenes regarding LU administrative decisions. I finally dropped out of the Flames Club because I felt that the only business people who treated as contributors to the programs were the ones who got everything free or were willing to compromise ethically. That being said, the folks who run the Flames Club do a top notch job despite the school's leadership issues.
Last edited by rogers3 on August 30th, 2018, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Or even more so, a program that doesn’t care about donors. Free of any responsibility to those who actually contribute financially, the organization is free to preference and serve whoever it truly values.
Good or bad? When someone is giving thousands per year, it becomes a bit silly when other people are trying to take advantage of relationships to get the same for free. This same crap happened back in my LCA days, too. Liberty has always had its small group of cronies that ride the gravy train. Maybe Ian can change the culture.
Last edited by rogers3 on August 30th, 2018, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rogers3 wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:Or even more so, a program that doesn’t care about donors. Free of any responsibility to those who actually contribute financially, the organization is free to preference and serve whoever it truly values.
Good or bad? When someone is giving thousands per year, it becomes a bit silly when other people are getting the same benefits for free. This same crap happened back in my LCA days, too. Liberty has always had its small group of cronies that ride the gravy train. Maybe Ian can change the culture.
On that, I would be amazed if it wasn't someone's job to monitor the forums and keep a pulse on topics like this.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
rogers3 wrote:
Good or bad? When someone is giving thousands per year, it becomes a bit silly when other people are getting the same benefits for free. This same crap happened back in my LCA days, too. Liberty has always had its small group of cronies that ride the gravy train. Maybe Ian can change the culture.
On that, I would be amazed if it wasn't someone's job to monitor the forums and keep a pulse on topics like this.
You would think that, but the leadership doesn't really care. The admin is full of folks whose only true credentials are that they were a family friend at one time or another. Unlike normal schools or organizations, positions of power at Liberty are rarely earned, in much the same way that so many people enjoy priviledges that are supposed to be reserved for contributors.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:I wasn’t making a value judgment in either direction. However, both models have their positives and negatives. An organization that needs its customers (or donors), will be responsive to their wants, desires, and needs. An organization that doesn’t need those customers/donors is free of outside influence and doesn’t have problems building new facilities and upgrading programs without entanglements.

Again, both have ups and downs, but at Liberty University, we have only one of those models that rules the day.
I was around when Jerry Sr. was all about contributions and donors. There is a balance, but we are certainly just imbalanced towards tuition. That will likely crash just as suddenly as the contributions collapsed after the Bakker scandal. I could see the bottom fall out of online in a span of just a few years. All it would take is for all states to adopt a model of inexpensive online for 1st and 2nd year students, and we aren't that far from it. If it did happen, LU would likely struggle to just fund the physical infratructure of what has been built.
BuryYourDuke wrote:I would certainly hope (and I do believe) that the current administration has had the foresight to plan for such an eventuality. A lot is going to change in this country, and in a rapid fashion. Most won’t be ready at all.

Regardless of all that, we are 2 weeks away from FBS football in Williams Stadium. That is freaking awesome, and crazy.
I think they're pivoting towards training a wealthy alumni base. Aviation is going to explode, the School of Business is going to produce a few. The schools of Government and Law will have some influence as well. LUCOMS will also likely produce some blessed doctors as well.
rogers3 wrote:For quite a while, I ponied up big bucks at the club level. I got sick of seeing old LCA friends and finding out that they made a few calls and sat at the Club level all the time. LU was chock full of people who could wrangle free tickets. I dropped out of the Flames Club because I realized that the only people who we're treated as contributors to the programs were the ones who got everything free. That is the mark of a program that doesn't really provide a good product (unless fireworks, loud noise, and millenials with tacky jeans and spiked hair are your thing).
There’s a lot of truth to this. It has gotten better over time. However I have heard that it’s starting to creep back in again.
TH Spangler wrote:I dropped to coaches level the past two seasons after being in club section for years. Im going to try club again this season. Best way to lose donors is to allow fence jumping. :idea:
I just wish they had made the seats wider..... I mean a FRIEND of mine wishes that :D :D
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]