Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

R i wrote:However, 5 hours away seems doable for an up and back trip on a Saturday.
For years, our church drove a 15-passenger van that distance to watch an Orioles game.
LUGrad2000 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:We must be desperate for a crowd for this game. Faculty/staff tickets are now $5.
They better not discount public tickets. I'm ok with the staff price.
I know there have been people pushing for $5 tickets to everyone. My hope is they will stop it at staff. I don’t like it, but staff can be justified. The public can’t be.
Ballcoach called. He said softball games are FREE.
For me it isnt the ticket prices. I had a span where I didn't miss a home game for 5 seasons after I graduated. I found ways to get to the games...no matter rhe cost of the ticket. After I moved back to Hampton Roads, I only tuned in on my phone or computer because it wasnt something I could take time to drive the four hours one way, not did I really want to if I could, except for the homecoming game where Lunsford bombed that 60 yard field goal. It wasnt something to get as excited about for me anymore..now if we were winning 9 or 10 games or so regularly, yeah I'd of taken a day.off work or two, switched shifts around, di whatever...but until that happens, or I get a job in Lynchburg again, that won't be appointment viewing for me.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Any one know what food trucks will be available during the ODU game?

Us Baptists got to eat regardless of the score. :D
Mr Rot confirmed on Twitter we will have a concession stand for wings and fries. I haven't seen him post anything else though. I've heard about food trucks specifics from one source but want to get it from another before I say it here.
Any word on warmer FBS ready nachos this year?
Cider Jim wrote:
R i wrote:However, 5 hours away seems doable for an up and back trip on a Saturday.
For years, our church drove a 15-passenger van that distance to watch an Orioles game.
5 hours is a haul for a game. That’s 10 plus hours in the car (traffic and pit stops will make it longer than 5). Plus the game and tailgating. If I was taking a fan bus MAYBE. But if I was loading up kids and family? Heck no
Jonathan Carone wrote:People aren’t. I am. And many of the Athletics staff. But hey, they probably don’t know what they’re talking about either.
You do complain a lot :cry: You need to get your butt to at least one game per year. :lol:
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
5 hours is a haul for a game. That’s 10 plus hours in the car (traffic and pit stops will make it longer than 5). Plus the game and tailgating. If I was taking a fan bus MAYBE. But if I was loading up kids and family? Heck no
If I did a day trip it’d have to be without the kids. Otherwise it’d have to be a weekend trip.
Even a day trip at 5+ hours is pretty brutal. I did a day trip for homecoming a couple of years ago and it was pretty brutal and that was only 4 hours. Now I'm 5+ hours away and there is no way I'd do a day trip.

People are allowed to have opinions even if they don't go to games.
Purple Haize wrote:5 hours is a haul for a game. That’s 10 plus hours in the car (traffic and pit stops will make it longer than 5). Plus the game and tailgating. If I was taking a fan bus MAYBE. But if I was loading up kids and family? Heck no
Yeah, but you're OLD. :oldhag Young married couples do stuff like this all the time, and even fly to foreign counties with kids!
I made this point a few weeks ago, but I am really curious to see how many single game tickets they sell for ODU. The cheapest ticket is $30 going up to $45. Never thought I would drop $45 for a single game ticket but we are going to make the drive up from Raleigh. The funny part is that ticket is more expensive than the Auburn road game or any other ACC team that we have played on the road.
thepostman wrote:Even a day trip at 5+ hours is pretty brutal. I did a day trip for homecoming a couple of years ago and it was pretty brutal and that was only 4 hours. Now I'm 5+ hours away and there is no way I'd do a day trip.

People are allowed to have opinions even if they don't go to games.
Stop being rational.

In all honesty, I don’t know of any event in my life that’s worth driving five hours and back to in the same day.
TH Spangler wrote:I'm 60 + ... if I can manage 4 hours each way to Morehead City, launch the boat and fish half a day you can do it guys! You're young!
My dad is in his 60s and he is always talking about how he has way more energy at this point in his life than he ever did when he had young kids.

Just saying ;)
$30 single game tickets are about what we should expect as an FBS school. If our fan base is shocked by that - or unwilling to pay that - then I go back to my point of wondering how ready we really were as a fan base to make this jump.
DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]