Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

TH Spangler wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:I think we've got this.

Also if this guy isn't on the main entrance during pregame, I will be disappointed.
North Texas picked 1st in the west. :shock:

I hope they roll into Williams with a win over Arkansas.
Our stock could rise pretty quick keeping that game close if that happens.
TH Spangler wrote:ODU Picked to Finish Sixth in Conference USA East

http://www.odusports.com/ViewArticle.db ... =211735362

For those of you trying to keep score at home, 6th = next to last.

EAST DIVISION

Florida Atlantic (22)
Marshall (4)
Middle Tennessee
FIU
WKU
Old Dominion
Charlotte
Jonathan Carone wrote:Here's a question:

Which would be a more impressive win - beating ODU this year (first year in FBS, they're picked 6th in their division) or if we could've beaten them in 2013 when they finished 8-4?
Definitely 2013.
It probably depends on where they actually finish. if they finish 6th then I think beating them in 2013 would've been more impressive BUT I think a win this year is more important.

I say that because if we win it gives us some momentum with our fan base.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Which would be a more impressive win - beating ODU this year (first year in FBS, they're picked 6th in their division) or if we could've beaten them in 2013 when they finished 8-4?
This year. They played a very weak schedule and are much better than they were then.
Ewglenn wrote:

This year. They played a very weak schedule and are much better than they were then.
Weak in regards to the teams they beat.
BuryYourDuke wrote:Also, I don’t think we are either.
I'd say if anything our ceiling hasn't moved, our floor got a little better but the competition is steep. Just by the nature of this 2018 recruiting class, we have depth at the skill positions, we have some anchors coming in for both trenches.
Agree with BYD. Literally the only difference from that game to this is were home this time and we have 20 more schollies than last time . I actually see odu as slightly worse. Heineke was a real weapon at qb.
Class of 20Something wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:For those that view this as meaningful, the point spread is less for this game than last time we played them...
We play with just enough upset factor that I imagine that Vegas is going to be cautious with us this year.
Especially with that St Francis game last year. 8)
ballcoach15 wrote:What is projected attendance for this game ? Will we top 25,000 ?
I believe the Montana game is the record at just over 22k. I think ODU will easily sell out the stadium.
Montana is the record and we will beat that by a large margin. I expect the total to be around 26-27k. It will be a sellout plus the berm will be pretty full. The rest of the games will be less than sellouts but ODU will shatter the previous record. In my opinion I doubt we top it until VT or UVA comes to town (maybe Cuse?).
Ewglenn wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:What is projected attendance for this game ? Will we top 25,000 ?
I believe the Montana game is the record at just over 22k. I think ODU will easily sell out the stadium.
Montana is the record and we will beat that by a large margin. I expect the total to be around 26-27k. It will be a sellout plus the berm will be pretty full. The rest of the games will be less than sellouts but ODU will shatter the previous record. In my opinion I doubt we top it until VT or UVA comes to town (maybe Cuse?).
I suspect you're right on breaking the odu crowd. Maybe if they market that distant Coastal game as an Alumni Game and market vintage "Beat Coastal" shirts they could get close to 27k.

This ODU game has too many "firsts" to not shatter records. First game as an FBS independent. First home game against an FBS team. First game against a state "rival" where both teams are FBS. First game in the expanded stadium.
If we were playing a bigger opponent than ODU, the our chances for gameday might be better. No offense to ODU, but they are not a household name within NCAA FBS football.

But we should set attendance record.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]