Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ewglenn
I don’t know if it’s been talked about but while I was at Commencement this past weekend I noticed Jerry told Jimmy Carter that we would be playing Navy soon. Does anyone have inside knowledge about that statement? It completely caught me off guard because I knew about Army but hadn’t heard anything about Navy.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We referenced in another thread. We are booked up through 2021 so this is likely quite a way down the road.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
My guess is you’ll see a lot of games with the service academies on the foreseeable future schedules. I think it’s smart to play them all.
By Ewglenn
Liberty22 wrote:My guess is you’ll see a lot of games with the service academies on the foreseeable future schedules. I think it’s smart to play them all.
Why do you say that? Army I get but why Navy? They already have 10 games (8 conference, Army and ND) locked up every year. I just think Navy would have plenty of other options.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:My guess is you’ll see a lot of games with the service academies on the foreseeable future schedules. I think it’s smart to play them all.
Why do you say that? Army I get but why Navy? They already have 10 games (8 conference, Army and ND) locked up every year. I just think Navy would have plenty of other options.
Liberty wants the national exposure and playing service academies gives that. Not to mention that Liberty caters to military families and this helps get the brand out to them.
By Ewglenn
Liberty22 wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:
Liberty wants the national exposure and playing service academies gives that. Not to mention that Liberty caters to military families and this helps get the brand out to them.
I completely understand that. My point is why would Navy play us? They only get two OOC games a year and I am sure they have plenty of teams lining up for them.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Why are you asking me that? My original statement was I think you’ll see us schedule all the service academies as much as possible.
By Ewglenn
Liberty22 wrote:Why are you asking me that? My original statement was I think you’ll see us schedule all the service academies as much as possible.
Because you didn’t say that...

“My guess is you’ll see a lot of games with the service academies on the foreseeable future schedules.”

We were speaking about Navy. I was asking why would they want to use one of their two ooc games on us. Sure, I expect us to try. I just don’t see Navy being the one we play often.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There are reasons why we might be attractive. Our proximity to Annapolis and we may be close to the point where we have more alumni in the Navy than the academy. Our pro-military component doesn't get overlooked by certain folks that matter.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:Why are you asking me that? My original statement was I think you’ll see us schedule all the service academies as much as possible.

“My guess is you’ll see a lot of games with the service academies on the foreseeable future schedules.”

We were speaking about Navy. I was asking why would they want to use one of their two ooc games on us. Sure, I expect us to try. I just don’t see Navy being the one we play often.
That’s exactly what I said. Thank you for quoting me and showing everyone that I indeed did say service academies.
By Ewglenn
Liberty22 wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:

That’s exactly what I said. Thank you for quoting me and showing everyone that I indeed did say service academies.
The thread is specifically about Navy. Sure you said service academies which includes all of them. By saying that on a thread about Navy would mean you are expecting to play Navy which is why I asked you why you thought that. Anyway, back to the conversation about Navy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Does the Coast Guard have a football team?
By Ewglenn
Purple Haize wrote:Does the Coast Guard have a football team?
They do, I think they are D3.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
They are indeed. I am actually a bit surprised that we never played them back in the day. It seemed like military academies were our bread & butter in scheduling for our first decade before we moved up through D2 to DI in the '80s.

I had a friend years ago who was a D3 All-American RB & KR for them before becoming a rescue diver. Tough dude.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:
This thread is strictly Navy. Don’t talk about all service academies. Jut ask Glenn.
By Ewglenn
Liberty22 wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:
This thread is strictly Navy. Don’t talk about all service academies. Jut ask Glenn.
Just*
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]