Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
So this is what we look forward to? :D
"Virginia Tech effect" has bolstered ODU football season ticket sales

Although tickets for the Tech-ODU game aren't technically yet available, some are selling on VividSeats and Stubhub for nearly $350 for choice seats. ODU season tickets, which are still on sale, cost $199.

Given the price difference, I'd venture that some Tech fans are purchasing season tickets to ensure they'll have seats.

https://pilotonline.com/sports/columnis ... e9610.html
2022 Tech fans might buy a LU season ticket for one game .. sell the rest :football

62,000 came to the last Tech - Liberty (FCS) game. We'll probably have 30,000 seats by 2022. Getting your hands on a Tech @ Liberty ticket is not going to easy or cheap. Use incognito to read the full link to the Pilot story.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
VA Tech, BYU, UAB. Our best home schedule ever. I will definitely have season tickets. Will also have 2021 just to make sure I am locked in for 2022.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:VA Tech, BYU, UAB. Our best home schedule ever. I will definitely have season tickets. Will also have 2021 just to make sure I am locked in for 2022.
I'm looking forward to Syracuse, Army and Southern Miss also.

If we can establish ourselves at the FBS level by 2022 that Va Tech match up could be BIG.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This is pretty standard practice. Over here in Houston, Rice has done this with UT and A&M games for decades. Smart marketing.
By Class of 20Something
TH Spangler wrote:
LUGrad2000 wrote:VA Tech, BYU, UAB. Our best home schedule ever. I will definitely have season tickets. Will also have 2021 just to make sure I am locked in for 2022.

If we can establish ourselves at the FBS level by 2022 that Va Tech match up could be BIG.
I can only hope the expansion keeps the bill intimate and intimidating. It's truly our best asset in the transition. I think coach Dailey said it in his #risewithus video. Our 1s match up against G5 schools and some P5 programs, but depth has kept us from making the leap. Once our 2s and 3s are full of FBS talent like our competitors, we should have a real chance against anyone we encounter.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:

I can only hope the expansion keeps the bill intimate and intimidating. It's truly our best asset in the transition. I think coach Dailey said it in his #risewithus video. Our 1s match up against G5 schools and some P5 programs, but depth has kept us from making the leap. Once our 2s and 3s are full of FBS talent like our competitors, we should have a real chance against anyone we encounter.
Hopefully we will be in year 3 of a new coaching staff by then. If we are, we might actually have a chance to win a few games. Gotta wonder if Dailey remembered that our 1's couldn't even match up with St Francis or KSU, in just their 3rd year of playing football? I do think that had more to do with poor coaching than out actual talent level. Coaching depth has actually kept us from making the leap. 8) 8)
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I was just looking at how ODU does their seating. Looks like all their seats are assigned, no general admission seats. In a situation like they have this year where (757 Va Tech fans) are buying up ODU season tickets for one game they could end up with a lot of empty seats for other games. While they will technically be sold out still, they have no way to fill those no show seats. Game day ticket sales will be cut off. The way we are doing it, with a lot of GA seats and the family hill we can sale endless GA seats, and never have to face that problem.
By Class of 20Something
Ewglenn wrote:So how many Tech fans do you expect to be at the games at Liberty? 10k? More? Less? What about UVA?
I think the first big draw game will actually anger all the locals that can't get in. I would expect 7 to 8k taking up far more than their sections. I doubt it would happen a second time though.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:So how many Tech fans do you expect to be at the games at ? 10k? More? Less? What about UVA?
If Liberty and Tech rolled into a 2022 late November match up with 1 or 2 losses each, wow!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Won’t Tech fans just sell the other tickets?
I would certainly think they will try. I assume there are websites that specialize in that sort of thing these days.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]