Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:From 2025-2030 we HOST an ACC team every year. That is six seasons in a row!
Now that is thinking like an AD. Study
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That is how you sell season tickets when you have to fill some of your slate with teams that bring similar interest to locals as Big South opponents.
By Volunteer_Flame
Posts Posts
When we agree to these 2 for 1 game deals are we getting paid for the away trips or is the home game the payment?

I know money probably isn’t Liberty’s biggest concern, if at all, I was just curious. I know we are paying ODU pretty good money to come up this year but I guess Auburn basically paid for that.
By Class of 20Something
Volunteer_Flame wrote:When we agree to these 2 for 1 game deals are we getting paid for the away trips or is the home game the payment?

I know money probably isn’t Liberty’s biggest concern, if at all, I was just curious. I know we are paying ODU pretty good money to come up this year but I guess Auburn basically paid for that.
UVA Paying Net $1.8M https://www.streakingthelawn.com/2017/8 ... nt-details
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Plus I’m sure there is a Cancellation pay out as well
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Yeah...win that home game and just see if they don’t pay the cancellation buyout to not host the second away game.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Think of it this way ... the home-and-home portion is a wash and we get paid for additional away game. Now we lose some equity oin the deal by taking the home game which is obviously more important to us than the cash. So the net payout won't always be as attractive as the UVa deal.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]