Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote: Sweet Caroline and Don't Stop Believin'
Ever taken a hard look at the lyrics of those two songs? Ever heard the lyricists explain what the songs are about?

:D :shock:

I’m just saying, it surprised me.
Well I didn't know until i was an adult that Ring Around the Rosie was about the black plague. while I agree that Liberty has to be a little more careful than others, I don't think these two are on the radar of "OMG these songs are the Devils music!"
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ashes, ashes
We all fall down!

Never occurred to you how dark that was?

Guess I was the nerd in 3rd grade.
By Old Red
My wife & I have always gotten a chuckle out of how many folks sing along with the song about a one night stand.
Sure, plenty of them realize it. But, plenty of them don’t either.

I’d love to see them play “I Won’t Back Down” by Tom Petty. Lyrically, that one’s just about perfect for LU. It’s the kind of secular song I could have seen Doc quoting.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Im not saying get rid of it all but right now its 90 to 10 techno and rap to anything. Believe it or not but it influences quite a few people. I have brought a lot of people over the years and everyone complains of the garbage music. Def more replays as well and a decent video. Videos a few years back were much better. Short and sweet is better to me.

Music wise give them 50 percent and split the other 50 between band other music. It will actually make the school more money with better attendance and these type people actually stay at the game unlike our student body who checks out the 2nd half most ev ry game and then leaves everyone else to have to listen to the crap.

Think what you want about the age group. My group has ranged from 5 to 15 people and ages 23 to 35. So this is not an old group and Not one likes all the crap music we play today. I understand there are plenty that do but i can tell you for sure the school is missing out by going so heavy. No other place ive been to plays as much music as is and the same kind. Were an oddball. Ive been to jmu william and mary vt uva ncst wake duke clemson coastal richmond unc.
Last edited by jinxy on March 27th, 2018, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
when I watch NCAA games on TV I've noticed that the other teams and stadiums play many of the same songs we do is there some standard play list they send out?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I wish we would play no music except for the LU Band.

If we are going to play football with "the big dogs", we need to show their scores on ribbon board. ACC, Big 12, and SEC scores should be shown continuously.

(for the record, I hate music at a ball game, regardless of sport. If I want music I will go to a concert. When I go to a concert, I don't expect a ball game to breakout between songs)

and even worse than the music, is the volume in which it's played. People in Amherst or Rustburg don't need to hear the music emitting from LU.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Im not saying get rid of it all but right now its 90 to 10 techno and rap to anything. Believe it or not but it influences quite a few people. I have brought a lot of people over the years and everyone complains of the garbage music. Def more replays as well and a decent video. Videos a few years back were much better. Short and sweet is better to me.

Music wise give them 50 percent and split the other 50 between band other music. It will actually make the school more money with better attendance and these type people actually stay at the game unlike our student body who checks out the 2nd half most ev ry game and then leaves everyone else to have to listen to the crap.

Think what you want about the age group. My group has ranged from 5 to 15 people and ages 23 to 35. So this is not an old group and Not one likes all the crap music we play today. I understand there are plenty that do but i can tell you for sure the school is missing out by going so heavy. No other place ive been to plays as much music as is and the same kind. Were an oddball. Ive been to jmu william and mary vt uva ncst wake duke clemson coastal richmond unc.
You mean you don’t like seeing what happens when we mix these two chemicals together? :)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I've got the perfect thing for you ballcoach

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Earmuffs-In ... B007BEHSDU
Ballcoach already wears his NASCAR headphones to drown out the music at LU softball games.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I played, coached or umpired for 40 years, and have been a fan since I left the field/court. I have yet to see where music adds anything to a ball game. It's not needed. Sometimes I think NCAA requires music so that umpire cannot hear fans who don't agree with a call.

During every "dead ball", the PA system blares noise so loud it's hard to communicate with person sitting next to you. Some schools even try to play music between pitches. I would love to go to a game where PA system doesn't work. (this happened at LU softball game a year or 2 ago. Most enjoyable game I have attended.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:I played, coached or umpired for 40 years, and have been a fan since I left the field/court. I have yet to see where music adds anything to a ball game. It's not needed. Sometimes I think NCAA requires music so that umpire cannot hear fans who don't agree with a call.

During every "dead ball", the PA system blares noise so loud it's hard to communicate with person sitting next to you. Some schools even try to play music between pitches. I would love to go to a game where PA system doesn't work. (this happened at LU softball game a year or 2 ago. Most enjoyable game I have attended.
Just stay home and mute the TV. Jeez. You must be fun at parties.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Only music I like is hymns and patriotic music.
Patriotic Music!

[youtube]Bs7nRSGBTd0[/youtube]
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
[youtube]EkEbqgbSqs8[/youtube]
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Hymn

[youtube]C_7rzyjRUaQ[/youtube]
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I heard from a source that Ballcoach likes Nickelback.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:I heard from a source that Ballcoach likes Nickelback.
Only when he forks over 3 singles for the $2.95 special at Burger King.
Last edited by olldflame on April 1st, 2018, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:I heard from a source that Ballcoach likes Nickelback.

That is dangerous close to a TOS violation right there. Those kinds of vile accusations need to have documented proof. Like receipts from Columbia House or BMG Music :lol:
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hoc[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]