Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By UNT 90 Grad
Any word on the 9/22 game against North Texas being picked up? Not looking good from our (UNT’s) side. I thought maybe LFSN might pick it up. If they do, do they also stream the games too or is it just carried on cable up there?

I hope you guys have a great season!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Welcome to the board, UNT 90! :welcome
By LUDad
UNT 90 Grad wrote:Any word on the 9/22 game against North Texas being picked up? Not looking good from our (UNT’s) side. I thought maybe LFSN might pick it up. If they do, do they also stream the games too or is it just carried on cable up there?

I hope you guys have a great season!
I haven't seen any TV schedules yet. However, LFSN produces and broadcasts all the home football games themselves and they are aired on ESPN3. Wouldn't be suprised if they went to a combo of ESPN3 and ESPN Plus, depending on the game. So yes, it should be streamed. Eventually, the schedule will be populated with TV info. It's just not up yet.
By UNT 90 Grad
Cider Jim wrote:Welcome to the board, UNT 90! :welcome
Thank you! If you are ever visiting us over at gomeangreen.com, make sure not to mistake me (UNT 90 Grad) with UNT90. Our names are similar, but UNT90 has a bad reputation on that board. :P
By UNT 90 Grad
Thank you! I'll keep an eye out. I'm hoping to host a watching party for that game, but I need to make sure we will actually have something to watch.

I don't know if you guys have picked up on it or not, but Turner Gill is an alum of UNT and was a Graduate Assistant for the UNT football team in 1990. I think our play book has changed some since then, so hopefully that won't provide a competitive advantage. :)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As a fellow Texan, I can assure you that you will be able to see the game here in the Lone Star State. The only questions is who will be carrying it. I would not be surprised to see it placed on AT&T Sports Net or Fox Sports SW on one of their channels. I do feel confident that you will be able to stream it very easily at the minimum.

Oh yeah, welcome to the board! I have posted on your board from time to time over the years. Generally good passionate fans on there.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
UNT 90 Grad wrote:I don't know if you guys have picked up on it or not, but Turner Gill is an alum of UNT and was a Graduate Assistant for the UNT football team in 1990.
Oh, yes, the Turner Gill fans in SOA are well aware of his history at UNT, and have wondered if that contributed to our scheduling you all for this year.

Coach Gill pic in UNT polo: http://www.buffalo.edu/content/dam/www/ ... erGill.jpg
Last edited by Cider Jim on August 7th, 2018, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Class of 20Something
Now that I think about it, I bet there are more than a couple of announcements coming at Flames Fan Fest. That way they can "treat" those in attendance with them. Maybe a peek at new threads too.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Here's the thing: while it would be nice to have the TV schedule all neat and tidy and announced publicly months before the opener, we don't know what has been going on behind the proverbial curtain. You may be right 20something and they may be waiting to announce some big time TV deals, like I dunno, the Auburn game being on the SEC Network or CBS Sports Network picking up the Army game (which is a known fact anyway) or any number of other possibilities.
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:Here's the thing: while it would be nice to have the TV schedule all neat and tidy and announced publicly months before the opener, we don't know what has been going on behind the proverbial curtain. You may be right 20something and they may be waiting to announce some big time TV deals, like I dunno, the Auburn game being on the SEC Network or CBS Sports Network picking up the Army game (which is a known fact anyway) or any number of other possibilities.
Yeah, months out is nice, but weeks out is what is unsettling. If we get through this weekend without news it won't look great. Chicago Fire caught a lot of flak for getting into the beginning of this season without a TV deal in place and fell onto ESPN+. One thing I do think that ESPN+ offers is for only $5 everyone can legally stream games and LU gets to track real data based off of who is watching the game from where.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
All LU's home games have been handled by LFSN and streamed on espn3 for a few years now. I don't see that really changing. Road games are always the question mark.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'm curious who...I know some had their views on Mike Tilley in the pxp seat
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hmm...I like his energy. Will be interested to see how he does
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I enjoyed him on basketball
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:That will be a huge upgrade on pxp.
I'm not entirely sure that is a very big compliment.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
My understanding is that they were having issues with some local affiliate options. Would assume it gets released no later than Tuesday of next week.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the update GMTM...sounds pretty standard. Hopefully they get the kinks ironed out
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It's not standard to be a little over a week out and not have any TV deal announced. The issues with local affiliates sounds about right but any national or regional deals should be known.

Its almost as if they are delaying the announcement to encourage early ticket sales...

Ok I'll take my tin foil hat off now.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The timing isn't standard postie, but the reasoning is the way I see it.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]