Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Live sports is what keeps people from cutting the cord. it is why sports leagues get paid so much for TV rights.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
John is right about Barber/Jauch having an issue. Glad Barber is gone, he certainly helped us get to a point but we weren't going to go any further with him at AD. Jauch will be fantastic, have known him for a long time. I'll refrain from putting the higher ups on blast only because I don't any heat to come back at Nick but I hope this is the last season that our radio sideline reporter is on the sidelines as stated earlier. The man was just on ESPN2 a couple of weeks ago and killed that gig.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Agreed my friend. Off topic, in retrospect as i get ready for another year helping out with high school, i wish i had gotten a little more seasoned and did more shadowing when you were my boss GMTM, and really refined my craft the way Nick has
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It seems to me a person who has experience at the NFL MLB and ESPN level would be a great resource to put in the booth. As it stands it seems like a misalocation of resources. Not a negative against the new guy but to compare resumes.....
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Postman, you’re right about the connection between Live sports and cord cutting. But every day the demand for streaming live sports content grows. Probably won’t be the norm until Baby Boomers all die off, but that’s where we’re headed and where ESPN is putting its chips.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:But every day the demand for streaming live sports content grows.
As long as you have a strong, fast signal, the ESPN app is far superior to watching on cable. I love that you can play multiple games at at time... kind of like being at a sports bar without the cover charge. :lol:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Another reason i lament not being able to have earbuds while at work.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FrontRow wrote:How many “viewers” are projected to watch LU football games streamed this season?
If watching from my Xbox counts at least 1
By FrontRow
Registration Days Posts
I heard it is only on espn (espn 3 really) so it wouldn’t be anywhere else. No Broadcast TV. That should really benefit the LFSN radio team this year - in terms of increasing radio listeners. And, probably increase local ticket sales a little
By pca0711
Registration Days Posts
Due to the agreement with ESPN, the only TV coverage locally or elsewhere will be over ESPN3. The LFSN team will actually be doing the game and handing the feed off to ESPN.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:If we can get by Army I can see ESPN taking a hard look at the North Texas game. Maybe ESPNU?
The only way get national TV is if it’s a weeknight game.
By Jonathan Carone
ballah09 wrote:I hope they have a backup plan just incase ESPN decides they want to crap the bed again.
I don’t know that Liberty is allowed to have a backup plan. ESPN holds the rights so we’d probably be in breach of contract if we did anything else.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:If we can get by Army I can see ESPN taking a hard look at the North Texas game. Maybe ESPNU?
Agreed...and even then it'd be a challenge logistically to flex a game essentially two or three weeks out. Troy on October 13 would be a more likely candidate i think...and we could be 2-4 by that point
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
jbock13 wrote:
Agreed...and even then it'd be a challenge logistically to flex a game essentially two or three weeks out. Troy on October 13 would be a more likely candidate i think...and we could be 2-4 by that point
Doubtful cause I think Troy is going to be homecoming and they ain’t having homecoming on a weekday.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Homecoming is the next weekend against Idaho State...
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Homecoming is the next weekend against Idaho State...
Well if that’s true I’ll be skipping homecoming this year lol

If I understand this correctly, starting July 1st,[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]