Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
I noticed that they have some new terminology for the seating sections.
West reserved $75
West reserved bench backs $120. Old red seats?
West premium chair backs $150 old blue seats?
West club $325

Nothing listed for west general admission or new deck on student side.
Nothing said about end zone seating.

Also, new giving levels for Flames Club. More parking options. Looks like more reasonable giving levels. I still cannot afford club seats.
By CCWMichael
After Easter things should be mailed. I really wish they also had an all-email that went out to all Flames Clubbers first day of release so an order can be created immediately rather than waiting snail mail (for those of us who reside a few mailing days away). :football :football :football :football :football
By Class of 20Something
TH Spangler wrote:Based of last years timeline, kickoff times for home games should be available very soon.
TH just spoke it into being!

9/1 vs ODU 6pm
9/15 vs Norfolk St 6pm
9/22 vs North Texas 6pm
10/13 vs Troy 2pm
10/20 vs Idaho St 2pm
11/24 vs NMSU 2pm
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Trying to decide between West reserved tickets on the Baptist side or East bench back tickets. What is the sun situation on the East side? With a 6 pm kickoff, who thinks the sun will be in our face?
By Old Red
My wife & I just ordered our tickets today. We ended up just doing the GA on the west side. We didn't want anything reserved because we'll have some family or friends go to a few games us, and we wanted to make sure we could always sit together.
The sun may be a little bit of an issue, but not too bad. I don't recall it being a problem when i sat on the student side.
By Class of 20Something
LUGrad2000 wrote:Trying to decide between West reserved tickets on the Baptist side or East bench back tickets. What is the sun situation on the East side? With a 6 pm kickoff, who thinks the sun will be in our face?
The existing(baptist side) tower will provide very little shade until the sun is probably within half an hour of setting. The Baptist side on the other hand always has the sun at their backs.

Logistically, with all seats on the baptist side being reserved and all of GA being on the east side, you have a reduced chance of getting idiots thinking they are entitled to your seats.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Old Red wrote:My wife & I just ordered our tickets today. We ended up just doing the GA on the west side.
Don't you mean EAST side? :dontgetit I didn't think there was any GA seating on the West (Baptist) side. :nono
By Old Red
Yep. I goofed on that one.

It’s gonna be great having the added/improved entrances, no matter what side you sit on.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Next question: where will the stadium entrances be? I am also deciding between the purple lot, orange lot, or Doc's Diner for parking.
By Class of 20Something
LUGrad2000 wrote:Next question: where will the stadium entrances be? I am also deciding between the purple lot, orange lot, or Doc's Diner for parking.
Orange has best ingress and egress. There is little traffic coming down the hill and VSP dumps a lane on to wards.

I know they're planning on at least 30 metal detectors. I would presume each archway(18 in total) would have one. Probably 4 in the middle south entrance, 3 in each of the two entrances behind the student section, and 2 dedicated for the tower suites.

25k people through 30 locations would take a little more than 2 hours at 6 people per minute. That number drops dramatically to less than 90 minutes at 10 people per minute. Is 6 seconds reasonable to expect while maintaining security?
By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote:
LUGrad2000 wrote:Next question: where will the stadium entrances be? I am also deciding between the purple lot, orange lot, or Doc's Diner for parking.
Orange has best ingress and egress. There is little traffic coming down the hill and VSP dumps a lane on to wards.

I know they're planning on at least 30 metal detectors. I would presume each archway(18 in total) would have one. Probably 4 in the middle south entrance, 3 in each of the two entrances behind the student section, and 2 dedicated for the tower suites.

25k people through 30 locations would take a little more than 2 hours at 6 people per minute. That number drops dramatically to less than 90 minutes at 10 people per minute. Is 6 seconds reasonable to expect while maintaining security?
I would say yes except for those who accidentally bring in a bag that wasn't clear or see-through.
By cruzan_flame13
Just bought my season tickets. I was going to wait a little bit but the mailbag article made me realize that there may not be any tickets available for later.
By Class of 20Something
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Just bought my season tickets. I was going to wait a little bit but the mailbag article made me realize that there may not be any tickets available for later.
Liberty sold 2100 season tickets for 2017. If they're trending 50% more, that will probably be about 3000 season tickets before the season starts. I would expect that to keep trending up for the next few years.
By Kiwon
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Just bought my season tickets. I was going to wait a little bit but the mailbag article made me realize that there may not be any tickets available for later.
Liberty sold 2100 season tickets for 2017. If they're trending 50% more, that will probably be about 3000 season tickets before the season starts. I would expect that to keep trending up for the next few years.
It would be interesting to know the historical breakdown of season ticket holders between locals or out of towners. With bigger schools coming and greater TV coverage I would expect the latter group to begin to grow.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
2 CLUB LEVEL SEATS WANTED - DM IF INTERESTED!

If you have made the Director level contribution to the flames club ($3,000) and are not going to be purchasing the entire allotment of the 6 ticket limit. I would like to purchase 2 season tickets at 540$ per ticket.

If you are interested in sitting club level, and would like to go as a group and split the director level flames club donation ($3,000/6 = $500 per person) and purchase tickets ($540) per ticket I would be interested in this option as well.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts

If they are actually doing a TSA type metal detector test, I would think the answer is no. Passing through is fast. Putting everything metal from your person in a bin and reclaiming it is what takes time. I suppose if everyone puts all that stuff is in a clear bag it would be faster, but you know a lot of people won't.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:2 CLUB LEVEL SEATS WANTED - DM IF INTERESTED!

If you have made the Director level contribution to the flames club ($3,000) and are not going to be purchasing the entire allotment of the 6 ticket limit. I would like to purchase 2 season tickets at 540$ per ticket.

If you are interested in sitting club level, and would like to go as a group and split the director level flames club donation ($3,000/6 = $500 per person) and purchase tickets ($540) per ticket I would be interested in this option as well.
You guys better jump on this. Unless they enlarge club level this might be your last chance to lock it down. I think they will, but if not you'll be looking at a waiting list 2019. $825 per person.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
I called LU today asking about the entrances to the stadium. The main one will be at the North end zone, but there will also be one close to the IPF and one near the soccer stadium. And yes, they know the berm in the end zone is too steep. Too late to fix it this year.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]