Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
LUGrad2000 wrote:It would be cool if they would offer students a bus ride and ticket like they did when we played Villanova. Only an hour up the road.
LU might have to invest some serious money into it. They could seriously generate enough interest to get 3k or more at UVa if the season is respectable.
By Jonathan Carone
LUGrad2000 wrote:It would be cool if they would offer students a bus ride and ticket like they did when we played Villanova. Only an hour up the road.
I don't know that it'd make sense to do a bus ride. It's an hour up the road. It's more likely they'll do a caravan like they did for JMU a few years back. Set up a way to do ride sharing for those who don't have a car but not invest in the logistics of setting up buses and schedules.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
That far into the season and with probably 2-3 wins, I suspect there won't be a lot of interest. I was going to go to the Army game in September, but might wait until we have a new coach in 19. You know, one that will know before the game that Army (like K State), runs the ball 90% of the time and will game plan that way.
Don't like to be negative, but after 6 years, there comes a time to be realistic and not to expect any changes to the SOP.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: I suspect there won't be a lot of interest...Don't like to be negative...
Dr. Phil says "you can't fix what you don't acknowledge," so at least you see there is a problem! Crybaby
Cider & company will be there. I'm loving a chance to go back to my alma mater to see them play LU. My interest level is off the charts. :pbjtime
How can you not LOVE an ACC game for LU that is only an hour away???
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Everyone should go, if 20,000 LU fans show up, UVA might have a sellout in Scott's Stadium.

I will go to Army and Auburn games, and maybe New Mexico State, but not UVA.
By Old Red
Everyone should go, if 20,000 LU fans show up, UVA might have a sellout in Scott's Stadium.

I will go to Army and Auburn games, and maybe New Mexico State, but not UVA.

Why not?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have zero use for UVA football, do not want to be around it. At one time I pulled for them 11 games a season, but they did some unethical recruiting to sway a recruit from VT to Charlottesville. Since that day, I have rooted for them to go 0-12 every season.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have zero use for UVA football, do not want to be around it. At one time I pulled for them 11 games a season, but they did some unethical recruiting to sway a recruit from VT to Charlottesville. Since that day, I have rooted for them to go 0-12 every season.
What a joke! If you honestly believe whatever "unethical" recruiting methods used by UVA have never been employed by VT, I have some swamp land in Arizona to sell.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Me telling people they should go, was a joke related to UVA's attendance. They haven't had a sellout in years , if my memory is correct.
LU will SELL OUT this game, with or without ballcoach! :fineprint
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The best football joke I ever heard involved UVA's attendance. It goes something like this:

There was a recruit visiting on an Official Visit. His Host carried him to Scott Stadium. which was empty on a week day, but there's a NCAA rule that a school cannot simulate game day conditions for a recruit on a visit. UVA dodged a bullet on that one.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]